phil_790
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2015

Home speaker 500 - display

Hi,

Recently when using my home speaker 500 for either internet radio or Spotify (via Spotify connect) The display only shows the clock as if the device was in standby mode.

Thanks,
Phil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
phil_790
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2015

Re: Home speaker 500 - display

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brandon_M
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. A full reset seems to have sorted the issue. It was an issue for both spotify (via the spotify app or the bose music app) and also tunein internet radio.

Thanks,
Phil
18 REPLIES 18

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the post!

Aside from this, does the system work correctly?  If you play Spotify from the Bose Music app, does the display show the correct information?

Have you done any troubleshooting yet?  If not, can you try unplugging the power from the system for a full minute, then reconnecting and testing?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

phil_790
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2015

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brandon_M
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. A full reset seems to have sorted the issue. It was an issue for both spotify (via the spotify app or the bose music app) and also tunein internet radio.

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for informing us!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon

karlsvensson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Hi! I've got exactly the same problem. I did a factory reset and that solved the issue for a few days, but now I have the displa problem once again.

Thank you.

Hi karlsvensson,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're having with the display.

Does this happen with specific sources?  When did this issue begin?

Best,

Brandon

karlsvensson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Well, if I start the speaker via the app the sissy doesn't light up at all unless I change the volume, the the volume symbol shows up and it stays in the display until I turn it off. I I use the pre choice buttons the number shows up on the screen and the number is displayed until I turn it off. This happens on all sources, Spotify tune-in etc. I have contacted the support and they sent be an exchange speaker, but now the new speaker has the same problem.
Community Manager

Hi karlsvensson,

Thanks for the update.  At this point, if you factory default the system again, about how long will the display continue to work?  Also, we may want to gather system logs at this point to further investigate.  HERE are steps to gather the logs.  Once you have them, please let us know and we'll send a link for the file request.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
karlsvensson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

It different, but usually it works fine for 1 - 2 days until it happens again.
I have collected the log files also.
Community Manager

Hi karlsvensson,

Thanks for the update! 

I'll reach out via PM to gather a little more information so we can have this issue escalated to our development team.

Warm Regards,

Tony A