Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chardonay
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Home speaker 500 - link your amazon account error

My homeSpeaker 500 was working fine, then about 2 weeks ago, she had a red light every time I would say something to her.  So I reset the speaker to factory settings and started over. It is linked to my amazon account, it shows up as my device in my Alexa app, with registered. It will play the 6 presets - amazon music, SiriusXM, and tune-in, with no problem.  I can play a song on it via the Bose app, but if I tell her to play a song, she says ‘hmmm, please link your Bose app, in your Alexa app, and then discover devices’. 

when I look in the Alexa app, the speaker is there, and registered, when I look at the Bose app - Bose Not for SoundTouch - it is there and linked, but the ‘play song’ voice command doesn’t care.  

it will tell me the weather, do alarms, open a box of cats, it just won’t play music via voice control 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Home speaker 500 - link your amazon account error

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chardonay

That does seem strange, can I please ask the specific voice command you are using?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Hi Chardonay, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'll do all I can to help you!

I would recommend removing Alexa in the Bose Music app and re-adding it! You can do this by going to the settings menu and clicking on voice assistant, Alexa, remove. Then you can re-add it. 

Let me know how it goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Chardonay
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

That was one of my first steps, alas no change.  I also tried unlinking it, but it relinked on its own. 

Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chardonay

That does seem strange, can I please ask the specific voice command you are using?

Chardonay
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Ok! Got it going! I again (5th time) reset the device to factory, uninstalled the Alexa app, uninstalled the Bose-not for SoundTouch app, uninstalled the Bose SoundTouch app, then reinstalled everything, and then re-linked the app.  Now to see if my SoundTouch 30 still works after all that! 
oh and error started with ‘hmmmmm I can’t do that until you link your Bose app in the Alexa app. Then discover devices’. 

perhaps, and this it is just a guess on my end, Alexa was getting mixed up with the home speaker app, and my SoundTouch app since we are a multi Bose device household 

Vicky_W

Its so great to hear that you are up and running again! Thanks for being such a loyal Bose customer. Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Bosecoop
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Did this reset allow you to use voice control with Alexa to change music ie skip or next song?  When we say skip it asks what would you like to play.