Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

How do you unlink sources from Bose soundbar 700 Universal Remote to pair a new device

I've been unable to unlick previous paired sources to the remote. I would like to change a source to another device. I tried the reset of: "hold the Volume down (-) and Left Arrow (<) simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the source lights on the remote blink twice..-"

That did not work. Is there any other way to change the sources that is paried on the remote to a new one?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: How do you unlink sources from Bose soundbar 700 Universal Remote to pair a new device

Hello P-money,

Thank you for the question and welcome to the Bose Community.

I would like to confirm with you, is this about pairing another Bluetooth device to the Soundbar 700 for audio or is it to control a device using the Universal remote?

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Re: How do you unlink sources from Bose soundbar 700 Universal Remote to pair a new device

Yes, I would like to control a device using the Universal remote. I have my cable box synced to the all three remote control source functions (TV, cable/satellite box, game system, DVD) and would like to change two of the sources to another device.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi P-money

Thanks for the update!

Control of third party devices has been disabled due to an issue we discovered at the launch of the product.  There will be an update that comes out on Oct 4th that re-enables this feature and you should be able to complete 3rd party remote setup at that time.

Warm Regards,

Tony A