Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raiden
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Latest Bose 700 firmware - proper nightmare

@bose the latest firmware in my experience has been an absolute nightmare, I am connected to Samsung TV (Bose 700) via ARC. Mine is a fairly simple set up. The issues I am facing now include:

1. TV source on the app remains selected and the app shows playing from TV even when the sound is coming from TV Speakers. On the TV when sound output is selected as Receiver (HDMI) that gets selected but the sound still comes from TV speaker. Now in order to avoid problem everyday we have to disconnect everything (both TV and soundbar, HDMI) from power and reconnect. 

2. Random white flashing lights even when the sound is coming from the bar. 

3. Source auto changing to TV and app/remote  does not help. 

4. When I finally get the soundbar working, the TV remote set up to control the soundbar volume does not work (sound does not change and no volume display on the TV). 

This seems to have been the worst firmware update which has thrown everything away at the cost of nothing. Kindly fix this asap as unplugging things everyday 2-3 times is not ideal even for a $100 soundbar let alone Bose 700. {p.s.: I do not even bother run adaptIQ these days. getting sound out}