UJEAN
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Latest Firmware (4.08) broke passthrough audio

Same issue here, just bought the rear speaker and the rear right is cracking. Posted earlier stating my disappointment, and likely since I mentioned a competing brand that ends with ONOS my post went to oblivion. Really Bose? Can't mention an alternative solution that is actually working?
angusjamesduncan
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Rear speakers problem

Hello, I am having the same issue with crackling through the rear right speaker. I have a soundbar 700 with wireless surround speakers.

I’ve tried the reboot sequence suggested above but the problem persists.

When the rear speakers are disconnected the crackling moves to the front right of the sound bar.

Bose should note that it appears the crackling sound only happens when the sound bar is playing from the HDMI ARC input from the TV. When listening to Bluetooth music or radio stations directly streamed to the bar, the cracking disappears.

Since this is a know problem please can Bose urgently update the speaker systems to address this?

Thanks,
Angus
Farfromstr8boy
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

I’m having the same right surround speaker and intermittently right side of sound bar 700. I have 700 sound bar, 700 bass and surround. I just got done ordering and reinstalling a replacement to find the same exact issue after wasting so much MF time. I just paid $2k for this set up and this crackle ruins any listening experience. I tried All resets, repositioning Incase of interference, and swapping out multiple components since I had the original and replacement from amazon to no avail. After wasting so much time I read this and learned of the right speaker issues. I tried a test to see if it was the hardware or software/firmware. Set both surrounds to left setting. No crackle. Toggle either surround to right setting and crackle returns. How quickly is this going to be resolved as now Im faced with returning and swapping for Sonos within the return policy.
Booma1218
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Crackling

Seriously **bleep**!!!I paid big money for this full setup between the 700 bar, 2 700 subs and the rear speakers to listen to this crackling sound...I know Bose will fire off some useless comment on how I should unplug my system and let it reset...We all know that doesn't do crap...Bose fix this mess now!!!I can’t even watch the stanley cup final because all i hear is **bleep**ing crackling sound...Complete bull**bleep**
risald
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

hey Bose folks same here, I have the 700 bass, 700 soundbar and invisible sourroud sound, right speaker crackling, changed speakers, unplugged and plugged all, moved stuffed around etc... it only stops if I have them both set as left. Game of Thrones intro really shows. It is driving me crazy.

please fix this ASAP as I trusted your product enough to drop some serious bucks and is failing like this?

DubCity
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Crackling

Can you believe it?
abuehler
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

just for the record, I have the same problem as everybody else here.
Apple TV -> Sony AF9 TV -> Soundbar 700. With subwoofer and rear speakers. Game of Thrones intro really shows it.
When I detach the rear speakers it comes out on the right side of the soundbar.

Any news? have you found the reason yet?
Greetings
Andreas from Germany
HD Bose User
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

The problem is obvious. However, the response from BOSE on a solution doesn't seem to be of great concern currently.
I purchased the full 700 system because I believe in the brand. The products are definitely not cheap and as a customer you expect the utmost quality.
Please BOSE... Give us answers to our queries. Let us know this is being addressed and when we can expect a fix.
This is truly disappointing and ruins the experience we have come to respect from your many products.
Mikeyboy
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2019

I to am having the same problem, I’ve tried everything Bose have suggested but to no avail. The right rear speaker crackles but only during 5.1 encoded material. It seems to happen during bass heavy sections of movies and Netflix shows almost as if the bass which is normally crossed over at a certain frequency isn’t being directed to the subwoofer as it should. I’m not happy as I have given up a dedicated home theatre in the name of simplicity and I thought Bose was the logical option for sound quality, was I wrong?
Matt.kyle82@hotmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Hi all I have received an email from Bose stating this.

Thank you for contacting Bose.

I'm sorry to hear of this crackling noise you are experiencing with the Soundbar 700.

Sadly it would appear since the latest software release for the Soundbar 700 (4.0.8) users are experiencing this.

Our development team are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Please attempt to toggle the Dialogue Mode on/off within the Bose Music app and also adjusting the treble/bass settings.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Phil
Customer Service & Technical Support

BOSE
Global Sales
Global Customer Service