Djtonyb
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Bose 700 sound issues

I’m having an issue with my Bose 700 sound bar. At mid volume in low bass scenes there is a crackling sound from the right side of the bar. I thought it was a blown speaker even tho the bar was brand new so I exchanged it for another one and the second one is doing the same thing. Swapped out hdmi cables and still issue persists. Using ARC from my Samsung Q90 tv. Thinking of fully returning the sound bar. Why should I pay almost 1500.00 for a soundbar and sub that crackles.
Jeovanii
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

Hello bose, i’m having the same problem since the last update.
PaddyR70
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Re: Bose 700 sound issues

Me too. I’ve had so many issues with this system. Crackling now in right rear channel.
AndrewSco
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2019

I’m having this problem too. For such a premium product with a premium price this is unacceptable to update firmware which is buggy. Did nobody test this?
Community_Admin

Re: Crackling sound

Hello Atuneman, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

We have merged the thread you commented on about the crackling issue with another as we like to keep all relevant topics together for ease of users adding comments and feedback. 

We are looking into this crackling issue, in the meantime, If you could attempt the following troubleshooting steps and let us know how you get on that would be great:

• Turn 5.1 off on the TV
  • Turn Dialogue mode on and then back off
  • Attempt adjusting the Bass and Treble

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Community Admin 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Xandar74
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Toggling dialogue mode in the app seems to have completely fixed this for me... Recommend anyone else with this issue gives it a try
Coolmike94
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Xander74 did you just turn it on and off or leave it turned on to fix the issue?
Pete shelton
Collaborator
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I've tried toggle on off as above still doing it tested via Netflix app
DubCity
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

That’s not good enough Bose.

Asking us to turn a setting on and off in order to correct a firmware bug is ridiculous. That doesn’t fix a single thing for us.

This is to be corrected by end of day. Your software development team should not be leaving the office or going home until they fix what they caused.
Vicky_W

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to comment in our Community Forums. I would like to repost a comment from my colleague Andy B: 

Hi all,

Thank you for your continued feedback. Our development team are aware of your concerns and actively working with the great feedback that our users are providing to isolate the root cause of the issues you are experiencing. 

To reiterate, here are some troubleshooting steps that we'd like our users to try and relay their results:

• Turn 5.1 off on the TV
  • Adjusting the audio format being output by the TV
  • Turn Dialogue mode on and then back off
    • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner
    • Select "Audio"
    • Tap "Dialogue Mode" 
    • Use the Dialogue Mode toggle to turn the mode on or off
  • Attempt adjusting the Bass and Treble

Should the issue persist, please contribute to this thread to the outcome of the above troubleshooting and the following information:

• The audio format being sent from source devices (Cable/Satelite box, TV, Console, etc) to the Soundbar
  • Connection type (Optical/HDMI) between the Source Devices and Soundbar
    • Example: PS4 (Netflix) > HDMI Cable > Samsung TV > Optical Cable > Soundbar 700

As we receive any further information we'd love to share this directly with our Community members. At this time, your continued patience is appreciated. 

Kindest,

Andy B

We thank you all for your patience and understanding at this time. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!