DrewAtl
Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

I just posted a negative review on amazon and am about to on bose and google. I said in my review that I would move back to 5 stars when they fix the issue. I dated the review so others can see how long it takes bose to fix or allow us to revert back to previous software version. I think we should all do this to put pressure on bose.
RedundantEntru
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Dear Bose,
same issue here since very recently right surround speaker is crackling during surround playback on soundbar 700. Very annoying. Please rollback the update, or better yet, let us choose the firmware version from the app. Versioms with low test coverage could then be tagged as experimental...
bp.sg
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

No firmware to fix right cracking after 10 days!

Hi Bose

This is unacceptable that you produce a sound product that give us sound problem and yet after a full 10 days there is still no solution to our problem. We are your customer who pays for the product, but it seems more like we are your beta test users with your support always ask your customer to reset the unit and see if **bleep** fixes the issue. There is lack of commitment from your side to even resolve such a teething problem and I am truly wondering what does it mean by your team that the developers are working hard to address a problem, on a problem that was non-existence before. The simplest solution of all is to revert your changes on the implementation, which I believe your software team should have a very simple version control software that manages software development. So, staying silence and no longer responding to this issue in a few of the threads here also shows lack of customer support professionalism.

Kickpick
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: No firmware to fix right cracking after 10 days!

Sad but true.
No communiction and always stay in cover. I am so angry at these behaviour. If you cannot rollback the firmware we rollback the updated rubbish to the shop.
Danmarc
Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: No firmware to fix right cracking after 10 days!

Don't want to discourage but, in another thread, somebody said that took BOSE 8 months to fix a subwoofer problem by FW update.

So, as long as summer holidays are approaching, I am not so optimistic :(.

DN
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Hi, I would like to report that same issue with my system, rear right speaker, cracking noise during movies and watching Netflix etc. any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Matt.kyle82@hotmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Just fix this issue for ** Edited by moderator **
It is really annoying can’t watch movies with that Bose experience.

Vicky_W

Hello Community,

As some of you are experiencing, there is a right channel audio quality issue (faint crackling, skipping sound) apparent in some content playing on the Soundbar 500/700 and/or in the rear wireless Surround Speakers attached to these Soundbars.

First, we want to apologize for the inconvenience! We also want to let you know that we have been working around the clock to get you a fix and are confident that we will have it soon. The fix will be available as an automatic update to your Soundbar.

Again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and really appreciate your patience in this matter.

We will keep you posted here so feel free to check back with us.

Thank you again!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
chris4prez
Collaborator
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Thank you for the update.  Will the update show as a new FW version, or how will we be able to determine when it was pushed so that we can verify we are back to normal usage?

Pete shelton
Collaborator
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Thank you for the update