abxwy
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

Hello Vicky, 

Thank you for posting this update, hopefully, it rolls out sooner rather than later. I have been forced to reduce the audio quality of my entertainment system to PCM for over a week including the holiday weekend. This has been a cause of great frustration to me as I was excited to watch several programs and was not able to enjoy full quality audio from the sound system I paid a great deal of money for. 

Given the fact that this issue was caused by Bose, and it severely inhibits the use of my product, can I expect some kind of reimbursement in the form of a gift card or otherwise? I think that that would go a long way to reinstate confidence in the Bose brand and show that the company cares about it's customers. I own several Bose products and after this breakdown I am unlikely to purchase anything from you again.... please change my mind, and possibly the mind of the countless others posting in this thread. 

budoujp
Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2019

If this is happening, I would like to have a discount of the Bose New QuietComfort 700Smiley Tongue That Headphone is so attractive.
Big Fan from Hong Kong.

Itsjustmeee
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: No firmware to fix right cracking after 10 days!

There is communication. Read the other threads regarding this issue. 

Danmarc
Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Dear Vicky,

Thanks for the post but, unfortunately, is nothing new here.

You confirm that Bose knows about the issue (this we allready know) and that there will be an update (this we already hope for).

No time estimation, no changes involved, nothing.

If this is what Bose considers as a customer support, than, sorry, nothing personal, but is just a sad joke.

Consider the frustration of having not a premium sound system but a hugely expensive piece of furniture and, mostly, that most of us, just boght it in recent days, so the degree of dissapointment  is severe.

Buying a new system that distort almost out of the box is nothing but an invitation to consider the competition.

Sorry.

P.S. Also, do something with your servers that host this forums. My internet connection is a premium one but this pages are loading like you are in "dial up" internet ages.

DrewAtl
Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Re: Bose virtually wireless speakers and Bose Sound Bar 700 Popping sound

I’m now noticing crackle from right side of soundbar too. And rear surround. It’s on both my Bose 700 sound bars so definitely software issue. Bose: I will change my amazon and google reviews from 2 star back to 5 star when you fix. If you take longer than 30 days to fix I will move to one star and tell my family to do the same. Easiest fix would be to roll us back to previous software version until real fix is done in test environment. Thanks.
Dieter1993
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: Bose virtually wireless speakers and Bose Sound Bar 700 Popping sound

I found a fix for console players remove you hdmi from you tv and soundbar and put in optic cable an connect your optic to your ps4 and choose dolby digital or dts from ps4 main menu make sure in tv settings hdmi format is on bitstream but dont forget to remove your hdmi cable other wise the tv or soundbar wilh choose hdmi above optic i only test it on ps4 dont know about the xbox

NRC
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hi Andy_B,

I have also experienced cracking sound while watching movies, from RH Surround speaker. I thought it is just problem with one movie. But i hear it in other content i have played so far.
Watching movies from Amazon prime.
TV: Sony KD-55XE8577 via HDMI ARC
SB700+BM700+Surround speakers.
Firmware: 4.08-6566...

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello NRC,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing crackling from your speakers. We really appreciate you providing information on your set up it's very helpful, we are working very hard to get this resolved for customers. We really appreciate your patience while we work through this issue.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C  

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least somewhat of a release date (soon... Smiley Tongue) and an official apology. At least it's something.

Meanwhile I found a workaround for my setup (Samsung Q9FN, Bose Soundbar 700, Xbox One X):

Go to the TV's sound settings and change the audio input format to bitstream, but the audio output format to PCM. Sounds different (not as good) as Dolby Digital, but at least 5.1 works without the crackling noise.

I just hope the software update from Bose will be out really soon.

DubCity
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

You guys won’t be seeing a single gift card or reimbursement out of Bose. The software guys are at home for the weekend watching Netflix not a care in the world about what they’ve done.
Bose should be paying whatever it costs to have a quality engineer get this fixed.