tobiwittmann
Collaborator
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: Rear speakers problem

Sorry Bose, but this is pure bull**bleep** and you know it very well.

You just want to give users the feeling that there seems to be a solution that might help. IT DOESN'T!!!

Do not waste your clients' time and fix the software!

ParthK
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Still the cracking soumd persists. Please provide with a firm solution like a software update. And atleast tell us by what time you going to release one.
DubCity
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

We aren’t here to be your lab rats. Don’t try to make this our problem. You have sent out a patch that worldwide broke your flagship speaker. I am emailing all major tech bloggers & websites today.
Pete shelton
Collaborator
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Well Bose last 40 mins toggling messing about still no further forward , as this product automatically updates when the consumer sets it up maybe worth putting something on you site saying there is a problem .
Foggy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I am so glad we are not alone!!  https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Bose-Soundbar-500-rattle-crackle-with-Dolby-Digital-Sourc...

I wonder why they can't roll back, messed with the device flash map maybe, who knows.

Gm79
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Hi Bose,

As instructed I have tried toggling Dialogue Mode on/off , adjusting treble and Bass. None of this has solved the issue and on top of this I have tried other things including:

- Full reset (setting up room again from scratch)

- Removing and replugging in HDMI cable

- Replacing HDMI cable with a $140 Monster 4K Cable

- Adjusting Bass, Treble

- Switching off Bass Module 

I am so frustrated because i have only owned this for 5 days and have spent more time messing with settings then ejoying the sound from my $1500 set up

KFKerrick
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

@Foggy wrote:

I wonder why they can't roll back, messed with the device flash map maybe, who knows.

They can't roll it back because it would disable their Google Assistant as they were released together. This is amateur hour. So Yay! enjoy google with garbled sound.

Ld777
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Wow! I wasted several hours troubleshooting this and here I see a firmware update is the culprit! Not happy. It happens to my right rear wireless speaker. I swapped speakers and still the right speaker crackles, so I know the speaker isnt blown. So is there an ETA on this?
Wade.
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2019

I had to look up Google Assistant to see what it actually is or does and I have to say, it doesn’t look like something I need or will ever use. So it’s very disappointing for me, that this is stopping them from rolling the firmware back to a working build.

I bought the soundbar 700 last week for it’s sound quality not for add-on gimmicks. Maybe Bose can make future updates optional.

atuneman
Collaborator
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Crackling sound

Hi,
Tried these suggestions and crackling persists during lower bass tones, as many on this thread have noticed as well since last week’s firmware update. Please update as to when this is expected to be resolved.