List of problems with Soundbar 700 and Bass module 700
Hi, I just bought a soundbar 700 and a bass module. I have never seen so many bugs in a single product since Windows 98. Just to clarify my background a bit: I am a mechanical engineer specialized in numerical simulations. I am surrounded by computers and technology the whole day, part of my job assignment being to develop different computer codes for FEA simulations.
Things that I was facing:
1. I had to perform a factory reset immediately after plugging in the soundbar because for a reason the app refused to discover the soundbar.
2. After the network setup the soundbar decided to update itself. Which is fine, the app was showing that the bar updates, but it gives too little feedback during the update such as: download completion in % and installation finished in %. It just leaves you wondering IF the whole thing is frozen.
3. The bass module was very quiet at the beginning. I attempted several things written on the forum, including reseting the soundbar and deleting it from my Bose account. When I tried to add back the soundbar, the app refused to register it for more than 40 minutes.
4. I tried plugging in the bass module directly with a stereo cable to the soundbar (I don't have any mono cable at hand). It didn't do anything... (best description I can imagine) Although it created another accessory speaker in the app. The app was really laggy in deleting that speaker.
5. There is a 600 ms LAG ON THE BLUETOOTH connection with a windows 10 pc. And probably the same on Android devices. This is seriously unacceptable.
6. Sometime along the way the soundbar refused to play anything from the TV. After some powering on and off and reconfiguring of the TV output it finally worked again
6a. During all this back and forward of setups the bass module started working. Now it sounds like it is preparing to spit the windows out of my living room (at around 1 o'clock in the night, waking up my wife ,) )
7. It is not clear what is the firmware of the Bass module and how can one update the firmware.
Most of the problems I am mentioning here are purely software issues. The system costed 1400 € and in my opinion it should work flawlessly. Setup / patchup a decent firmware and release it for everybody to enjoy.
On the positive side, Alexa works flawlessly both with Spotify and with Philips Hub.