Highlighted
matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Re: List of problems with Soundbar 700 and Bass module 700

Hi,

I think i figured out what happened. If there was no updates from Bose's side within the last 10 days, then the only thing that changed was a setting of my Spotify account.

I've setup a device password on my Spotify account. In order to do that one needs to login over the Spotify web page. Until now I was logging in over the Facebook authentication for Spotify access.
I also started issuing a command to Alexa 'turn the Bose Bar off' and then requesting to play from Spotify at the beginning of every day.

On the Bluetooth lag problem, there should be an option to disable buffering when playing over one speaker. In the sense that whenever you are sending a sound track that originates from a video, this lag makes the video impossible to follow. This happens, of course, regardless whether the video comes from a pc source or mobile phone.
The buffering makes, of course, sense only if one needs to play over multiple speakers.
It is not clear whether the Bose Bar uses AptX protocol, but that should allow a lag of 35/40 ... 100 ms.

It would actually be great if a computer could be wirelessly connected to the Bar without having this 600 800 ms lag.

rafmal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

HI,

It has been 3 hours of tourbleshooting to been able to reconnect my 700 bar after changing the internet modem.

then on top of that, the app doesnt allow me to add the subwoffer it doesnt show any ability to add an accessory the screen is empty.

I am playing music through the spoify app into the speaker but if i use the bose app, it doesnt do anything i can find the songs but when i click play nothing happens.... this is supur frustrating. I am thinking returning it, i am very upset at this moment.

rafmal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

I got exactly the same issue

Hi Rafmal, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I would recommend to factory reset your Soundbar 700 and reconnect the speaker. this should resolve these issues for you. If you select the following Link, this will provide the steps to do so.

In relation to the subwoofer not being able to connect to the Soundbar 700 through the app, sometimes the bass module will need to be disconnected from power for 30 seconds and reconnected whilst the Bose Music app is searching for it under accessory speakers.

Please let us know if this helps at all.

Have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support