matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

List of problems with Soundbar 700 and Bass module 700

Hi, I just bought a soundbar 700 and a bass module. I have never seen so many bugs in a single product since Windows 98. Just to clarify my background a bit: I am a mechanical engineer specialized in numerical simulations. I am surrounded by computers and technology the whole day, part of my job assignment being to develop different computer codes for FEA simulations.

Things that I was facing:

1. I had to perform a factory reset immediately after plugging in the soundbar because for a reason the app refused to discover the soundbar.

2. After the network setup the soundbar decided to update itself. Which is fine, the app was showing that the bar updates, but it gives too little feedback during the update such as: download completion in % and installation finished in %. It just leaves you wondering IF the whole thing is frozen.

3. The bass module was very quiet at the beginning. I attempted several things written on the forum, including reseting the soundbar and deleting it from my Bose account. When I tried to add back the soundbar, the app refused to register it for more than 40 minutes.

4. I tried plugging in the bass module directly with a stereo cable to the soundbar (I don't have any mono cable at hand). It didn't do anything... (best description I can imagine) Although it created another accessory speaker in the app. The app was really laggy in deleting that speaker.

5. There is a 600 ms LAG ON THE BLUETOOTH connection with a windows 10 pc. And probably the same on Android devices. This is seriously unacceptable.

6. Sometime along the way the soundbar refused to play anything from the TV. After some powering on and off and reconfiguring of the TV output it finally worked again

6a. During all this back and forward of setups the bass module started working. Now it sounds like it is preparing to spit the windows out of my living room (at around 1 o'clock in the night, waking up my wife ,) )

7. It is not clear what is the firmware of the Bass module and how can one update the firmware.

Most of the problems I am mentioning here are purely software issues. The system costed 1400 € and in my opinion it should work flawlessly. Setup / patchup a decent firmware and release it for everybody to enjoy.

On the positive side, Alexa works flawlessly both with Spotify and with Philips Hub.

Regards,

Matei

13 REPLIES 13

Re: List of problems with Soundbar 700 and Bass module 700

Hi Matei,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your Soundbar 700.

I've forwarded your findings and issues up to the software team.

Are there any existing issues you would like assistance with?  We are more than happy to help.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the reply! As a matter of fact it turns out that Alexa stopped working that nicely with the Soundbar. Sometimes it performs the requested actions (playing requested song, or skipping a track) and sometimes it just sais ok, but the action is never performed. Any suggestions?

Hi matei,

That's unfortunate that Alexa has stopped working correctly.

Are there any specific commands that never work?  Keep in mind that Routines and a few other functions are not currently supported.

Thanks,

Brandon

matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Hi,

For instance: play music from Spotify on Bose Bar produces an acknowledgement but the bar does not switch to the required input channel.

Next track is working every now and then, Volume to XX% worked every time except once when it took Alexa about 5 minutes to actually switch the volume.

If you want me to test something in particular, pet me know, I have the time

Hello matei,

Thanks for the reply.

How is your Soundbar currently connected to your network, is it with Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Hi Joel,

The soundbar is connected over wifi.

Regards,
Matei
matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Hi,

Last week I was in skiing holiday, it turns out that the Alexa started working without problems when I came back.
Have no idea why, but it is ok.

Regards,

Matei

Hi matei,

Thanks for updating us. I am happy to hear that everything is working. It's possible that something updated in your setup that fixed the issue. 

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

theorygeek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

SoundTouch products also have about a 600ms lag on the Bluetooth. I think they buffer it so that you can sync music on multiple speakers, without the audio dropping.