MRAUDIO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

No SiriusXM on Bose Home Speaker 500

I was on the phone with Bose Tech support today because I am having issues getting SiriusXM to work on my Bose Home Speaker 500. I gave them the error code I was getting and they had me set the speaker up again from scratch with no joy. They now seem to think it is an issue between the Bose servers and the SiriusXM servers.

Anyone else having this issue or can one of the Tech guys here she’d some light on this issue? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: No SiriusXM on Bose Home Speaker 500

Hello MRAUDIO,

Thanks for posting.

There was an intermittent outage reported last night with SiriusXM, and this should now be resolved.

Can you let us know if you're still having this issue?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

MRAUDIO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Hi Joel,

I had to reset my SiriusXM password and now it seems to be working now.

However, I am now having an Alexa issue where she will not play a station - all she says is THE DEVICE IS OFFLINE.

Bose Tech Support told me it is a known issue and a firmware update scheduled for Alexa this month will address the issue.

Do you know anything about this? Thanks!

Hello MRAUDIO,

I would suggest making sure your SiriusXM account is activated in your Alexa app as a music service and if you did not update the new password there, please try that. 

I'm not aware of this particular issue with the "device offline" message besides checking the above mentioned.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

MRAUDIO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Hi Joel,

No, everything is fine with the Alexa App.

If I ask Alexa to play a song, a station within Amazon Music or a SiriusXM Channel, Alexa tells me SORRY, THAT DEVICE IS OFFLINE.

Three people from Bose Phone Support said that they are aware of the problem and a firmware update is coming to address the issue.

Perhaps, you could reach out to them and report your findings here again? Thanks!

Hi MRAUDIO,

Have you tried removing your Alexa voice service from the Home Speaker 500 and re-adding it back after the change in your SiriusXM?

If you have already tried that, the next step would be to gather logs for me to raise this to development. 

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Suppoirt

MRAUDIO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Hi Joel,

Bose Phone Support had me delete Alexa from and add it back in which reset it.

They did say it was a problem on Bose’s end but the reset took care of it.

All is well now - thanks!

Best,

MRAUDIO