Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

No skip forward/back buttons on remote for Blu-ray player

I've programmed the universal remove for my Soundbar 700 to control 2 different Blu-ray players (both Sony). Neither of them give me skip foward/back (by chapter or track) buttons. Everything else works fine, and the fast forward/rewind buttons work, but there's no apparent way to skip to the next chapter/track. This seems like an essential feature for a universal remote, but it's missing and it means I have to keep the original Sony remote nearby when watching Blu-ray disks. I've tried using the arrow keys, but they have no effect.

Any chance this can be added to a future upgrade?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: No skip forward/back buttons on remote for Blu-ray player

Hello PercyBottle,

Thank you for posting.

Sorry to see some of the buttons are not working with your Blu-ray players, but I would like to find out more information. 

Can you provide us with the model numbers so we can investigate this further for you?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Hi Joel,

Thanks for following this up. The current Blu-ray player is a Sony BDP-S1500. The previous one was a HBD-E980W, but I've given that away so I won't be able to do any further testing on it.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi PercyBottle,

Thanks for the update!  We can certainly add a feature request for you, but I'm curious, when going through the remote programming setup, were you able to try the advanced setup by typing in the exact model number?  

Let us know!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Yes, I entered both models using the exact model numbers.

Just for clarification, I'm attaching a photo of the Sony remote. Nearly every DVD/Blu-ray remote has 4 buttons (highlighted in the picture), fast forward/rewind and skip forward/back by track/chapter. The Bose remote only has 2 of these 4 physical buttons.

remote.jpg

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi PercyBottle,

Thanks for the update!  I'm going to raise this up to our development team and should we need more information, we'll be sure to reach out to you.  In the mean time, do you get a pop up using the menu button to access transport controls for next/previous chapter?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A