Stacy24411
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Not able to program TV and DVR with the Bose Universal Remote for Soundbar 500.

Hello, I'm not able to program my TV or DVR using the Bose Universal Remote for the Soundbar 500.  I'm following the instructions but I'm having a hard time.  When I get to the point where it asked if we see the "display code," I see ".../..."  Am I supposed to see numbers and/or letters and not just the dots?  And when I try to program my Samsung DVR the power code never happens. I just keep pressing "try again" and then it eventually gives up on me..  I'm fully confused.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Not able to program TV and DVR with the Bose Universal Remote for Soundbar 500.

Hello Stacy24411,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

During the setup process in the Bose Music app for controlling your other device, is it finding the makes and models of your devices? If not, what are the makes and models of the devices you have issues programming?

Are your sources in a cabinet or is it all in a wide open area?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Stacy24411
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Re: Not able to program TV and DVR with the Bose Universal Remote for Soundbar 500.

Hello,

Thank you for responding to my question.

My TV is Sony; my DVR is Samsung; and my Blueray is Sony.  These are all kept out in the open and not in a closed cabinet.

Thank you so much for helping me figeure this out.

Stacy

Community Manager

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for the update!

If you go to the speaker settings in the Bose Music app, you should have a universal remote section.  If you type in the brand, it will provide a test command and an advanced option where it will let you type in the model number of the device.  Can we give the advanced setup a try?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A