tippex
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Option to turn off upmix to rear surround speakers

I have recently purchased the rear surrounds to go with my 700 and sub se up in my lounge.

I can't see any option to turn off upmix to the rear surrounds from the app other than turning off the rear speakers completely as and when required which is inconvenient.  What I would like is an option for no sound to be output to the rears when there is no 5.1 signal being received.

The ability to turn off upmix is a basic feature on most surround systems an something that I would expect on something at this price point.  The upmix to 3.1 without the surround speakers in place is fine, but upmixing dialogue / vocals to the rear speakers is not desirable, especially for music.

Is there a way to achieve this that I am not aware of?  If not, is this something that the development team would consider as a feature addition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Option to turn off upmix to rear surround speakers

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Tippex, 

Thanks for your post. This isn't a feature that the we support however I can pass this onto the development team as feedback. 

The way the SoundBar is set up is to only allow the signal that it is being sent to be produced, therefore the Surround Speakers shouldn't produce sound when a 5.1 signal is being produced. You may be experiencing some sound bleeding, I would recommend turning off the Surround Speakers to ensure that you are definitely receiving the 3.1 when you aren't using them. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrianJP
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

You can as I'm sure you found only switch of soundbar output to surrounds or subwoofer in app adjustments/accessory settings
Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Tippex, 

Thanks for your post. This isn't a feature that the we support however I can pass this onto the development team as feedback. 

The way the SoundBar is set up is to only allow the signal that it is being sent to be produced, therefore the Surround Speakers shouldn't produce sound when a 5.1 signal is being produced. You may be experiencing some sound bleeding, I would recommend turning off the Surround Speakers to ensure that you are definitely receiving the 3.1 when you aren't using them. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post