DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

PSA: FW update didn’t fix Bass Module 700’s weak bass

Hi Bose

All that hype about a new FW update and your sound engineers didn’t fix the #1 complaint across the internet?

Please confirm with us that this is a joke.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Re: PSA: FW update didn’t fix Bass Module 700’s weak bass

And no Airplay 2 either.

And nothing with UPnP/DLNA.

Highlighted
matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Hi,

For the subwoofer being too quiet... Make sure that the connection to the soundbar is setup correctly (white light on the subwoofer),

Either run AdaptIQ when the subwoofer is unplugged OR reset the AdaptIQ settings

In the app set the bass at +100, lower the other channels under 0 (I have mine at -30).

The woofer kicks in harder at louder volumes (50% and more). You don't get couch shaking bass output at 10 20% volume.

For the DLNA, I also have a NAS in the house, would be a nice option to have, but my guess is that a DLNA player development and implementation will not happen. Especially because it was never advertised.
As a workaround I use the bluetooth connection from my laptop if I want to play music from the NAS. Though a 10 EUR/month subscription to Spotify is way much more confortable from all points of view.

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

@matei wrote:

[...] As a workaround I use the bluetooth connection from my laptop if I want to play music from the NAS. Though a 10 EUR/month subscription to Spotify is way much more confortable from all points of view.

Hi @matei,

i agree, but UPnP/DLNA is such a basic functionality and the 'SoundTouch 300' systems are able to play/render these streams. And even our Soundbars 500/700 can render DLNA streams in this moment, but only track by track, no playlists. So it is missing only a small peace of software. But no Airplay *and* no DLNA is too much 'no'.

ybo

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Does anybody know which bugs they fixed?
There‘s no information about it

Regards
Twan_D
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

@ybo wrote:

@matei wrote:

[...] As a workaround I use the bluetooth connection from my laptop if I want to play music from the NAS. Though a 10 EUR/month subscription to Spotify is way much more confortable from all points of view.

Hi @matei,

i agree, but UPnP/DLNA is such a basic functionality and the 'SoundTouch 300' systems are able to play/render these streams. And even our Soundbars 500/700 can render DLNA streams in this moment, but only track by track, no playlists. So it is missing only a small peace of software. But no Airplay *and* no DLNA is too much 'no'.

ybo

Maybe they already put in the features, DLNA, Airplay 2 etc. and now they just need te update the Bose Music app to get it ready. The update was large, the 2.0.10 was 285MB in size the new one is 485MB

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Having to tweak my Bass Module 700 to these settings in order to get Bass is ridiculous. No thanks.