georgefoo
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Playing music on two 500 Home speakers

I have two Bose 500 home speakers which are located in 2 different rooms.  Before purchasing the 2nd unit, the published description said "The Home Speaker 500 can be wirelessly connected to other compatible Bose speakers for multi-room audio." 

As individual units, the 500's work fine.  However, The app does not appear to have the feature to switch on/play both speakers at the same time.  What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Playing music on two 500 Home speakers

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi @georgefoo,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Apologies for any confusion in regards to grouping your two Home Speakers together for audio. 

Once both speakers are connected to the Bose Music app, you should find the options to put them together in a group. You can find steps on how to go about this here.

Give this a try and let me know if you're able to have audio playing in a group.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: Playing music on two 500 Home speakers

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi @georgefoo,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Apologies for any confusion in regards to grouping your two Home Speakers together for audio. 

Once both speakers are connected to the Bose Music app, you should find the options to put them together in a group. You can find steps on how to go about this here.

Give this a try and let me know if you're able to have audio playing in a group.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post