PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Power sync issue with SB700 and PVR

I have an SB700 connected to Samsung TV (optical cable) and TV is connected to a Beyonwiz personal video recorder (PVR) by HDMI. I've set up power sync with both the TV and PVR in the Bose Music app. When the SB700 powers down, the TV also turns off, or if it was already off, it stays off. At the same time, the PVR turns off if it was on, but if the PVR was already off, it turns on. Is there a way to prevent the PVR from turning ON when the SB700 goes off?

Here's a typical scenario to make it clear:

1. Everything is powered down.
  2. I say, "Alexa, play some music". It starts playing music. The TV and PVR correctly remain off.
  3. I say, "Alexa, turn off Bose" (as I have named the SB700). The SB700 powers down; the TV remains off, but the PVR turns ON. The same thing happens if I just pause the music on the SB700 and it times out after 20 minutes.

I've tried On/Off/Alternate for the Advanced CEC settings in the Bose music app, but I don't believe the Beyonwiz supports CEC, anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Power sync issue with SB700 and PVR

Hi PercyBottle,

Thanks for writing in!

This is correct that the TV and PVR won't turn on because the soundbar is not emitting a power command since it's starting on a different source via Alexa.  Because the soundbar sends a power command to all of the devices when the power sync settings are enabled, if the device is off, it may turn back on.  This is most likely happening due to the IR command the Beyonwiz PVR is receiving from the soundbar, whereas the TV is most likely receiving the power commands from a CEC command.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Hi Tony A,

Thanks for your response. So what you're saying is that this is a limitation of my hardware and I'll just have to live with it?

Community Manager

Hi PercyBottle,

It seems like it is working as intended where it should send a power command when a power on/off command is issued.  We can confirm this by setting the power sync device to a different source.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Hi Tony A,

I changed the power sync source to a Samsung Blueray player and the SB700 correctly turns that on and off. So it's just the Beyonwiz device that gets it wrong.

Community Manager

Hi PercyBottle,

Thanks for the update.  It sounds like this may be a slight incompatibility issue with the Beyonwiz device.  I'll be sure to forward this information along to our development team.

Warm Regards,

Tony A