Rajat1988
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500

Hello Bose Team

I am getting the -"Product activation failed error" on Bose Home speaker while using the Bose Music app and while  adding this speaker to my Home Wifi network as shown in the picture below.I have tried multiple times but still getting the same error.I have rebooted the speaker and the router.I have reinstalled the Bose Music app again multiple times.But still the same error.Please help me.I would be very thankful to you.

Regards

Rajat Goel

Bose 500 error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rajat1988

Hi Amit,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to activate your HomeSpeaker 500 yet. Thank you for trying the factory reset already, if that hasn't helped on this occasion then we would also recommend rebooting your router as the router may be stopping the activation request from going through. Some of our users on here have also found that a firewall on the router can block the activation as well so it would be worth turning off any firewalls that may be in place on your router to make sure they aren't blocking the activation.

If you need any further assistance with these steps, or after trying them, then please contact your local technical support team and they'll be happy to help. You can find their contact information at this link by selecting your region then 'Contact Us'

Hope this helps.

Keith - Community Support - 

12 REPLIES 12

Hello Rajat Goel,

Thank you for the post.

We apologize for the issues you've run into with getting your new Home Speaker 500 activated within the Bose Music app, but I'd like to help. 

We did have an intermittent server communication issue we resolved last night. Can you test by rebooting your router and HS500 by disconnecting them from power for 30 seconds and try setting up your speaker again?

Let us know what the results are.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Ms14
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Re: Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500,good afternoon, I am also having the same issues with product activation failed editor message, I have rebooted on a number of occasions the WiFi, speaker and the app as per your suggestion without success? Is this a product fault that you are aware of and should I return the unit?
Community Manager

Hi Ms14,

Thanks for writing in!   Sorry about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

There were some troubles with the Amazon server's yesterday which may have caused an issue with the setup of the system.  Let's see if we can factory default the system and try and re-add it to the Bose Music app.  You just have to hold down the Aux and Vol - buttons simultaneously.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

pedrogonzalezsoto
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

i am having the same issue. lastnight i followed all your recommendations including rebooting and restarting all the apps/router/speakers and the problem still not fixed. 

ganeshan_kv@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I have the same problem since lastt three weeks it is more than a server error. I have restarted the speaker , router and reinstalled the app multiple times without success  It was working before did a factory reset as well 

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts.

We're sorry to see that you both are receiving this error still. 

If this is still not resolved as of today, I would suggest to contact support over the phone.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us," and a phone number will be displayed for support.

Please let us know what ends up resolving it for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Amol
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Hi,
I got bose 500 soundar on 27th and today whole day i am trying to connect and getting an error of product activation failed. I tried all possible things reboot, call customer care but issue is still not resolved. I am having a bad first impression as this is my first boss product and i ruined my whole entire day without fixing the issue..
Community Manager

Hi Amol,

Thanks for writing in!

• Can you let us know the steps that you performed with the phone representative regarding troubleshooting?
  • Was a factory default attempted?  
  • If so, I would recommend calling them again and replacing the soundbar with a new one.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
DanielF96
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I was having troubles activating my soundbar 500 then I went into my router settings and turned off the firewall and it activated. Try looking at your router settings or if possible try another router