Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500

Hi DanielF96,

That's a great tip!  Thanks for sharing on the Community!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

I have purchased a Bose home speaker 500 and I am unable to activate it online using mobile app, I tried factory reset, but still it is giving activation failure.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rajat1988

Hi Amit,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to activate your HomeSpeaker 500 yet. Thank you for trying the factory reset already, if that hasn't helped on this occasion then we would also recommend rebooting your router as the router may be stopping the activation request from going through. Some of our users on here have also found that a firewall on the router can block the activation as well so it would be worth turning off any firewalls that may be in place on your router to make sure they aren't blocking the activation.

If you need any further assistance with these steps, or after trying them, then please contact your local technical support team and they'll be happy to help. You can find their contact information at this link by selecting your region then 'Contact Us'

Hope this helps.

Keith - Community Support - 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Hi . New speaker and says product activation failed on phone screen. Have searched previous posts and lots have an issue. Have tried EVERYTHING suggested but still no luck. Any ideas of what i should do next?

i have done a factory reset, re installed ap, tried on a different phone, rebooting router, turned off any firewall.

i cannot it seems speak to anyone and i have a new speaker that does not work properly!

thanks

Community Manager

Hey @saindeall. How did you factory reset the speaker, was it using the guide HERE? Do you use any additional software on your phone, such as a VPN? Wireless networking factors like this may impact your success on the ability to activate your product. 

Have you also tried manually updating the firmware of the speaker, as noted HERE, then going through the setup process once again to check for a software error with the system? There are some other suggestions outlined in this thread that may help too. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

I try plenty times to activate my Bose Portable Home Speaker using App.  but Always "Product Activatation Failed" pls can someone help me Thanks! 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Bose Portable Home Speaker Fails Activation

Hi, The Bose Music APP always fail on activation process on my Bose Portable Home speaker. I have tried this many, many times: reinstalled the App, Hard reset speaker, router and so on... Wireless is detected but always getting the "Product Activation error" as It fails at activation,  so i can´t use it as a smart speaker.

Do you Still have  Problems with the Activation Servers from Bose?

Please help me.

Thx!

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker Fails Activation

Hey @Robx,

I can imagine that's quite frustrating but I'd love to help get your speaker up and running. You've mentioned some troubleshooting you've tried so far including a 'hard reset' - was this a full factory reset as shown HERE?

What country are you located in? Also, are you trying to connect to a wireless access point of your main router or a booster? This could cause some difficulties. Also, how far from the router do you have the speaker placed when you'reattempting setup? I'd recommend keeping it close by as this will guarantee a strong connection.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Hi Sam, Appreciate your Help. Yes it's a very frustrating issue...

Yes, i've done the whole Hard Reset process you mentioned at this link. Two times.

My speaker is located in Spain. Wifi Router is at their side, very near, but this is not guarantee of anything, Connection on the wireless is perfect as i said before. This seems more a problem on your server side validating the Speaker. I have several Bose speakers as i love much the sound, but sorry to say software, registration or wifi disconnections are always main issues with them.

Hi Robx, 

Thank you for coming back to us, your logic makes sense. 

However, there are a few more steps that I would recommend that you try so that we know we cannot resolve your issue with a simple fix. 

I would recommend that you reset the router. You can do this by unplugging the router for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. 

I would also recommend manually updating the speaker. I have included the LINK HERE to help you with this. 

Let me know how you get on.