Don Baxter
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Projector cable connected to Pc, picture out of sync with sound from bose 700 using blue tooth

Sound is out of sync with picture. Picture is from projector connected by PC cable to projector. Sound is from computer to soundbar using bluetooth. Is there an adjustment?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Re: Projector cable connected to Pc, picture out of sync with sound from bose 700 using blue tooth

Hi, I have the same problem; it seems to actually be a feature, not a bug (believe it or not)

It works like this: The soundbar supports multiroom speakers. In order to deliver sound data in sync to all the speakers, you need some buffering time. And this is how the sound output gets laggy (I have over bluetooth somewhere around 700 ms delay, which makes watching any movie impossible).

One can not simply turn off the multi room support, probably because nobody from the software develeopment perceived this 700 ms delay in the sound output as a disturbance.

There is somewhere on the forum pointed out that the soundbar was ment only for audio output over bluetooth (like playing music from the pc, without video)

So Bose offers: synchronized sound output in multiple rooms (in case you buy more of their products)
In exchange of: movie watching from the laptop / mobile over bluetooth

Re: Projector cable connected to Pc, picture out of sync with sound from bose 700 using blue tooth

Hello @Don Baxter

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the community!

As @matei has suggested, this is something that is always present with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sources. Audio from sources without video will play in sync with all speakers involved, whilst the audio itself is slightly delayed to allow this.

In this instance, I would like to note that when you use a direct cable connection (ARC HDMI or Optical Cable) there is no audio delay from video to audio. This is how the Soundbar is designed to be used with a direct video source, and will create the best experience when watching video with the audio.

I hope this helps clear this up, and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Liam

Community Support