Question about Adaptiq....

Friendly Fanatic

Question about Adaptiq....

What does Adaptiq actually adjust? Does it basically tweak the settings available to us in the app itself or does it have the capability to do more like change the individual levels of the surround or time align them? I haven’t used it because I’m happy with my own settings but I’m wondering if it does additional adjustments that I can’t do. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Question about Adaptiq....

Hi Itsjustmeee! 

Thank you for taking the time to post to the community! 

The AdaptiQ adjusts the EQ curve to match your listening space. It will take five different readings in different locations to calibrate. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

Jessie - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Ii was about to ask this too, after running adaptiq voices sound "tinny". And the simple bass and treble adjustments can't bring it back.

So it doesn't adjust the individual volume of all the speakers or anything like that?

I'm running the soundbar 500 as a 5.1 system

Hi eatoff! 

Thanks for reaching out!

To some degree it does change the volume. But this is minimal and is mostly for large listening spaces. 

If the voices are sounding 'tinny' I would recommend running it again and seeing if this improves.

Friendly Fanatic

I'd run Adaptiq, but from what I understand the only way to undo it is to reset your Soundbar to factory settings. In my opinion this should be another thing that they should put in the Bose app ..... the ability to override the settings or have some sort of preset to save personal preferences to. 

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi eatoff! 

Thanks for reaching out!

To some degree it does change the volume. But this is minimal and is mostly for large listening spaces. 

If the voices are sounding 'tinny' I would recommend running it again and seeing if this improves.

Hi Itsjustmeee!

Thanks for reaching out!

You can re-run AdaptiQ at any time with out factory resetting. If you have the Smart SoundBars, this is done in the Bose Music App. If you have the SoundTouch 300, this is button presses on the remote control.

I hope this helps! 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Also, there's a toggle switch inside the ADAPTiQ menu in the Bose music app. One would have to assume that if you turn this off it sets the levels and EQ back to the default. Turning it on would re-enable all the settings as at the last time you ran the ADAPTiQ setup process. Can you confirm that, @Jessie_O ?

If this is the case, the switch would be an easy way to test whether ADAPTiQ improves or degrades your overall sound quality.

Friendly Fanatic

That's an interesting question. I've never run it so all I see in the app is "run Adaptiq now". I'd love it if it could just be turned off and go back to the default settings. 

Quiet Contributor

I re ran it, with the same result. I'm no good describing sound, but it's like the voices lack body, like all the bass has been removed. Back to standard for now

A feature request is a proper equaliser in the app that gives more than just bass and treble
Quiet Contributor

Yes, once you have run it there is a toggle to switch it on and off so you can see it's effect. That is how I am comparing it.