Question on world wide compatibility with the Alexa Skill

Re: Question on world wide compatibility with the Alexa Skill

Hello NeonsNight,

If you can enable the music streaming service in the Amazon Alexa app, you can control it by voice with the Smart Home Products.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

You can enable Spotify and Apple Music in the Amazon Alexa app but not in SoundTouch 🤷‍♂️

Friendly Fanatic

The Alexa app "Bose (not for SoundTouch)" has the same supported languages as the "Bose" app for SoundTouch.

Is it correct to asume that Smart Home has the same :
1. Country support in Alex as shown in the SoundTouch chart?
2. Music contol functions in Alexa as shown in the SoundTouch chart?

If there are any differences. Please let me know 🙂

Hi NeonsNight,

Thanks for the posts.

I was specifically talking about the Bose Music app and not SoundTouch for the streaming services.

Since we do not have a matrix available at this time for Bose Music, If you let me know what specific regions, I can then get the details for which services are available and what ones can be controlled through Alexa.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

From what I can tell the assistant works for these locations. USA & EU would be prority if you have the time (I asume that the EU countries are the same as in SoundTouch). Australia/NZ and Japan would be nice to know also. 

Thanks 🙂

Hello NeonsNight,

Thanks for the reply with the regions. 

Let me look into this for you, and I'll get back to you with the support sources by voice command. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hi NeonsNight,

The Bose Music app will support the same services as the SoundTouch app at the moment in various regions.  If the Alexa app supports a specific music service, you should be able to use Alexa to initiate that service.

This can be subject to change with future firmware/ software updates.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Ok, so (at the very moment) the image found here is exactly the same for both SoundTouch and Smart Home and Alexa cannot control Spotify via the Bose skill (at the time of writing). Ok That's great to know. Thank you for answering my question this should help me give others recomendations on what to go for 🙂

I found the image you used a bit messy, so I created this using excel (link to xlsx file). Please use this and update it as needed. Is there a chance that you could add this image to both the Smart Home post about Regions and SoundTouch region posts?Music Services Supported with Alexa.png

Friendly Fanatic

Is that a no then @Joel_D & @Brandon_M or did you not see the post?

I included a link to the excel file, so if its easier you can make one for SoundTouch and a different one for Smart Home.

Please feel free to edit and update it as needed 🙂

Highlighted

Hello NeonsNight,

Thanks for the question.

We cannot update this at this time since there will be future updates to release new features, but we appreciate the questions.

Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support