cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Hi Jessie O,

Thanks for the response, its really appreciated.

Confuzed -- point taken -- honestly questioned which way to go -- (sometimes you can upset someone by starting a new thread, and my first question I felt was right on topic - and after reading 15 pages worth it still wasn't clear to me that google assistant for the bose 700 soundbar is working in Canada -- at least it still isn't for me)

Jessie O - as a moderator maybe you can switch this over to a new topic if you want? 

To respond;  I've tried on an iphone, an ipad, and a galaxy tab (android).  Not running a vpn on these.  No pop-up blockers.  I've even tried temporarily disabling my router firewall, and my Asus router's AI protection (malicious web blocking etc).

None of this worked and I get the same 500 error message.

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tim001

Creating a new Bose ID using the same email address being used for google home solved the issue and allowed me to setup google home.

Seems odd to have to do this, but regardless, appreciate getting this going.

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hector_B

Hi Tim001, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Are the email addresses that you are using for both the Bose account and the Google account the same? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tim001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Hi Hector B,

Thanks -- my email login for the bose account and my email login used for google assistant are different.

Tim

Tim001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Original post for this thread:

From the recent posts (July 2019) it looks like GA is available for Canada?

I'm able to click "set it up" for Google Assistant from within the Bose app.

This directs me to Google Assitant where I enter in my Bose ID credentials.

All looks good, until the next page pops up that says;

"Proxy Error Page.

500: Something went wrong."

appears to be on the page starting with id.api.bose.io -- so looks to be a Bose issue (not google assistant).

I've tried from both ios and android devices -- get same message.

Any ideas?  Thanks, Tim

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Tim001,

Thanks for getting back in touch, this is very strange indeed, I would be more than happy to help you out! I would recommend doing a product reset and also try removing the Bose Music app then re-downloading it, providing you have not already tried these steps. 

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

To answer the question in your original post, Google Assistant is available in Canada in English and Canadian French. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Tim001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Hi Zoe,

I got a chance to try your suggestions this weekend.  (ie resetting sound bar, removing and reinstalling the app)

I continue to get the proxy error.

Other ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

Hector_B

Hi Tim001, 

Thanks for updating us on this. I am sorry to hear the issue persists! 

Are you able to create a Google Account in the same name as the Bose Music Account? I would also recommend that you ensure that the Soundbar and application are running the latest software.

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tim001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tim001

Creating a new Bose ID using the same email address being used for google home solved the issue and allowed me to setup google home.

Seems odd to have to do this, but regardless, appreciate getting this going.

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post