Remote Power Sync with Samsung TV

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Remote Power Sync with Samsung TV

I am attempting to have one power button turn off my Soundbar 700 and my Samsung smart TV (model year 2017). I have power sync enabled on the Bose Music app. Currently, pushing the main power button on the Bose remote will turn on both my TV and my Soundbar (exactly what I want). However, when I want to turn both off, I have to push the “source” power button to turn off the TV and the main power button to turn off the Soundbar. Why would the main power button work correctly for turning the TV/Soundbar on but not when turning it off? This also impacts Alexa functionality. I’m able to have Alexa turn on my TV and Soundbar simultaneously but when I tell Alexa to turn it off, it will only turn off the Soundbar and TV remains on. Very frustrating! I expected to spend top dollar and all of my equipment to function seamlessly.

Any suggestions anyone can provide would be much appreciated!
9 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Re: Remote Power Sync with Samsung TV

I have exactly the same behavior here. Samsung TV 2018 and Bose Soundbar 700.
But what is bothering me most is that the soundbar is not getting any sound via HMDI ARC. How are you connecting TV and soundbar? HDMI or Optical?
Audible Advocate

I’m connected via HDMI (ARC) and have not had a problem with that. The TV detected the soundbar automatically and once it was done booting up and updating it was all good. Good luck.

Hopefully someone has a fix for the remote!
Friendly Fanatic

As I've mentioned in other posts... my 2018 Samsung TV paired flawlessly with the Soundbar.

Quiet Contributor

Try turning off power sync in the app. i have it turned off and the CEC turned on the TV, so when i turn on and off then tv, the bose soundbar will do the same. 

Audible Advocate

noticed that removing all other devices connected to the TV via HDMI, and leaving only the Soundbar in HDMI ARC, the main power off in Bose remote is able to turn on and off both TV and Soundbar at the same time.

Audible Advocate

That may work but unfortunately I have 2 other devices that I hook up via HDMI that I do not want to disconnect.
Audible Advocate

Totally agree. The feature needs to work even when other devices are plugged in the TV. I just think whit info can maybe be helpful for Bose engineers to find and fix the issue.
Audible Advocate

Tried that. Does not seem to work for me unfortunately. Anynet+ was already turned on and I turned on IP Remote option as well. I also cannot tell if the power sync is doing anything. I turn it off and on and does not seem to be any change to my functionality. I think the TV remote may be working for both devices which I guess is fine but I really like the Bose remote and would like to be able to use that. The Samsung remote definitely controls the volume but when I power off the TV, I’m not sure if it’s shutting off the Soundbar or not because the soundbar does not light up at all when controlled by the TV remote. Very confusing.
Quiet Contributor

If you have the rear surround speakers, you can tell if the speakers are all off by the orange light on the power brick (the light is white when the speakers are on). If you don't, then you could go in the bose music app to see if the standby icon is greyed out. Otherwise there's no visual indicator on the soundbar itself to know if it's off.