Highlighted
ilikeike
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

SB 700 Surround Speaker Sound Clarity

I have the full soundbar setup with the 700 sub and the surround speakers, and I'm having issues with the surround speakers.

My setup is in a room about 12x18 with the soundbar and subwoofer in the front and the rear surround spearkers in the rear corners.

When listening to music (straight from the Bose Music app.), there is a lot of distortion, cracking vocals and sound cutting out on the rear speakers, as if they're losing signal from the soundbar or power. No matter how low the volume is, it still persists. There is some static heard at all times through both rear speakers, and only the rear speakers at all times when the system is on.

I've spend a couple nights doing my own troubleshooting based on things I've read from prior folks' issues. Here is what I've ruled out.

1. Calibration Issue: I performed a system default, and nothing changed. I also have retried the Adaptiq about 7 times with no change.

2. Loose wiring: I unscrewed the wiring and reconnected them to the back of the rear speakers. No change.

3. Power Issue: I've plugged the rear speakers, sub and main speaker to different outlets around the house with no results. I also hear the distrotion/scratching/cutting in and out at low volume, so it doesn't seem to be a power issue.

I'm at a loss. The speakers sound great when watching some movies with surround and put out great power at times so I don't understand why they cut out so much when playing music and that I know they're capable of handling. The faint hissing/scratching is constant, and I'm wondering if all this has something to do with the wireless frequencies or something along those lines. My network emits 2.4 and 5GHz  wireless signals. Can I get some help? I'd really like to keep this system, but it's starting to drive me slightly mad :).

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Re: SB 700 Surround Speaker Sound Clarity

Hi ilikeike,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!  I can certainly understand the frustrations, but let's see if we can isolate the issue.

• When listening to music are you streaming from the Bose Music app, Alexa, or Bluetooth?
  • Does it happen through all three methods above?
  • What music sources are streaming from? 
  • Have you been able to reboot the router as well since this seems to be isolated to streaming?  

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Just make sure you return it within your 30 day return period for a full refund.

DanEllisUK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

For those from the UK outside the 30 day return period, don't forget you have additional protections under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You may be entitled to a replacement within the first 6 months, and if that is also faulty, you will be entitled to a full refund. For details see:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act
SneakeyPetey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

I am having this exact same issue, in addition to the low volume subwoofer issue.  When I did the very first setup (before noticing the sub wasn't putting out the right output), the rears were incredibly powerful - in a good way - but now after resetting the whole system, readding and re-running AdaptiQ, the OPs issue is what I have.  Subwoofer is much better now.

When the system is working as expected, I can see how awesome it is, but so far my experience has been utterly painful for the money I invested.

Hi All! 

Thank you for taking the time to post to the community!

@SneakeyPetey are you still experiencing issues with your system that I can assist with?

Have a great day! 

Jessie - Community Support

SneakeyPetey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Yes, the same issue as described in the OP.  I think my subwoofer is (mostly) working as it should for now.  Just not sure why my rears are all of a sudden having an issue. 

Hi SneakyPetey!

Thank you for your speedy reply!

To confirm, your getting crackling audio in the rear speakers? Is this through a specific source or all the time?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

SneakeyPetey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

This was via the Bose app using Amazon Music.  Other sources the volume is way lower than it was the first time I set it up yesterday.

Interesting, I would recommend resetting the rears. 

Unplug them both for 30 seconds plug them back in and re-test. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day!