Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

SB700 isn’t connecting to the Bose app

When I open the app as the soundbar is playing to fine tune the sound in each speaker the app won’t connect to the soundbar, what’s up?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: SB700 isn’t connecting to the Bose app

Hello brockjosh2, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues accessing the Soundbar settings within the Bose app. 

To help me assist you further, can you please confirm: 

- Which Bose app are you attempting to use to access the soundbar?

- Have you previously set the soundbar up for use with the app? Was it done on the same device or a family member's device?

- When you set the speaker up to your local internet network, did you connect it to the same network that your smartphone/tablet is connected to currently? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you, and if anyone else would like to weigh in on this issue, please feel free to join in the conversation. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hey Jeff!

I am using the Bose Music app. The icon is a black square with what looks like a white silhouette of a cat. Not sure if that helps! Lol

I set the SB700, the 700 bass sub, and the 700 surround speakers up with the app per the instruction manual. On my device. In fact, my device is the only device that controls the speakers.

The speaker(s) are on the same network as my smartphone.

Thanks for reaching out!

josh b

Highlighted

Hey Josh B,

Many thanks for your timely reply, I appreciate that. 

I'm curious about the icon you mentioned. Is there any chance you can post a screenshot of it so I can get a better understanding, please? 

Also, in the meantime, can you please disconnect your Bose products/accessories and your internet router from power for a short period of time, then reconnect it to see if this helps make a difference? 

Additionally, if you sign out of the Bose Music account, then sign back in, you may also have some luck in re-establishing communication. 

Finally, many internet routers feature dual bands (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) that are typically synchronized by default. Your devices may automatically jump to their preferred network depending on signal quality and this can also sometimes have an effect on communication with other devices. If possible, please disabled syncing via your internet router's admin settings. 

I hope this helps and I will look forward to hearing from you. 

Kindest, 

Jeff G

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

AE299F55-C29E-4307-ADCD-8D4BA2E0BB4F.jpeg

Cat ears right? Lol

So I have done all the things you have suggested. The connection is really random. It will connect to the app then I set my phone down while watching a movie or listening to music. I pick my phone back up to adjust levels and it won’t connect, thus the inability to adjust levels.

As far as my network. I do have both band widths, but have password protection on each network, and have not noticed the SB jumping back and forth. I have been looking for that just in case.

Thanks again for the help!

Highlighted

Hey Brockjosh2

Wow, now you mention it, it does kind of look like a cat. I won't be able to unsee that now! 😂🐱👤

Based on the screenshot, it looks like you may be using an iPhone. There's a setting that may also be causing communication issues, please try to disable it to see if it helps.

- On the iPhone's home screen, go to Settings.

- Tap Cellular Data (also referred to as Mobile Data in some countries)

- scroll down the page till you reach Wi-Fi Assist. Please disable this. 

Please then re-test to see if the issue persists. (It might be worth force closing the Bose Music app before using it again.)

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G