Highlighted
PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Samsung HDMI arc does not support DD

Despite Samsung’s promises that my Curved Screen TV from 2015 outputs DD from the HDMI ARC port it doesn’t . I have seen others having same problems on posts in other forums.
Anybody had any luck? Just received my Sound Bar 700 and peripherals. Superb sound but I’ve had to use optical.
Is there anyway of finding out what format the 700 is outputting?

I’m also having Alexa drop-out issues within hours 😞.

Cheers
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Samsung HDMI arc does not support DD

Hi PaddyR70

Thanks for writing in!  

At this point, there isn't a way of identifying the audio format that the soundbar is receiving.  It is capable of handling both Dolby Digital and DTS, and should replicate whatever the TV outputs.  

Regarding the Alexa issue, is the voice assistant not responding when initiating the wake word "Alexa"?  If so, what do you have to do to get it work again?

Is the system connected via ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi Tony

Thanks for prompt reply. There’s a long standing issue with Samsung and Sky Q but they aren’t talking. The moment you change audio settings on Sky to HDMI output DD you lose sound. It’s not a Bose issue.
Regarding Alexa, she just stopped with no lights etc. I did however get a pop up on Bose app saying it was having issues with Alexa and things might not perform as expected (or words to that effect). I’m WiFi.
Just listening to Eva Cassidy (always a good one to hear the purity of the sound), and she sounds gorgeous.

Cheers
Community Manager

Hi PaddyR70

Thanks for the update!

So just to clarify, you say something like "Alexa, what time is it?" and the LED bar does not light up and pulse like it's listening?  Or is it more like "Alexa, play some rock in the living room"?  This would help us understand if this is something do with basic Alexa commands or something to do with sending music to the system. 

Can we try and power cycle the soundbar to see if it corrects the issue?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi

Yes like the first thing you wrote- no activity LEDs or anything. I already powered back up and it resolved it.

Thanks

Regards

Patrick
DanEllisUK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Are you connected via an Etherne cable?

Alexa stopped working every 24 hours when I was connected via Ethernet.  Since moving to WiFi the system has been much more stable.

PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi
No just WiFi but stable now. Must have been teething problems

Hello PaddyR70 and DanEllisUK,

Thank you both for the updates. We will keep in the loop if there is any update from development.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Joel