Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

Setting up Alexa

On 500 smart speaker I go through set up all ok until I go to set up Alexa. Follow instruction to connect to Alexa on Amazon ...there is swirl indicated then nothing I stays on same page? Need help to move forward need Alexa in my life ..
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Setting up Alexa

Hi Collgm,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Let's get that working for you. Could you confirm that you followed the steps listed here?

Using the Amazon Alexa voice assistant with Bose smart products

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I am having this same problem. I log into Alexa on the Amazon website (within the Bose Music app), and after the in-app browser goes back to the Bose website, it finishes loading and just displays a blank page. I have disable all content blockers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I’m having the same problem with the Soundbar 700...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

It did it fine on my 700 but I have 3 500s and got 1 working after 9 tries. I have had to remove them and factory reset the 500. This is ridiculous, is there not an update to fix this. I have 2 others and neither are working yet with Alexa.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I have been on with Bose for 30 minutes and we unistalled Alexa on two devices and again it cannot be added back.  It appears to be an issue with the Bose Music App and the Amazon Alexa app BUT it does not work.  I have done a Factory Reset by holding the AUX button and VOLUME DOWN button together for 10 seconds and I have uninstalled the speakers BUT it does not work.

I am now changeing from my Android Note 9 to an iPhone X to see, and guess what, it works!  The Apple App works Perfect BUT the Android does not work.  There is an App permission that does not allow it to work!  They said they are working on it!  WOW....They dound the issue and hopefully will solve it soon.

Thank you Bose

@Collgm wrote:
On 500 smart speaker I go through set up all ok until I go to set up Alexa. Follow instruction to connect to Alexa on Amazon ...there is swirl indicated then nothing I stays on same page? Need help to move forward need Alexa in my life ..

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the feedback as this definitely helps to root cause the issue!  There will be a major update today that will also align the apps between iOS and Android.  

If you're still experiencing these issues afterwards as well, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I have the same issue with my galaxy note 9. Works perfectly with my wife iPhone 7 and my sons note 8.
Bose 500
PLEASE HELP!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Olimpia,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Are you having difficulty enabling Alexa on your Soundbar 500?  Could you describe the exact issue you are experiencing on your note 9?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Hi Tony,

I still haven’t been able to configure my Soundbar 700 to work with Alexa in Switzerland...