Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Smart Home Line Up

I know the moderators can’t comment on future product releases, but I sure hope we will see other Home Theater speakers announced. I would like to see the Lifestyle line of consoles, sound bars and satellite speakers  “smartened” up and throw in a little Siri for good measure.

I think it would be a shame to see the Bose product choices narrowed down to just the 500 and 700 series speakers.

Implementing more modern Dolby and DTS codecs would be a good idea as well. A recent visit to Best Buy, the sales person stated Bose has kind of fallen behind on some of the new sound formats.

I do remain confident however there will be some more announcements perhaps in the new year at CES!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Smart Home Line Up

Hello rickatk,

Thank you for the insight!!

I'm excited to see what the future may hold as well. I will pass your thoughts along to development and appreciate the feedback.

Have a good day!

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Smart Home Line Up

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello rickatk,

Thank you for the insight!!

I'm excited to see what the future may hold as well. I will pass your thoughts along to development and appreciate the feedback.

Have a good day!

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

I would like to add...I see now the Bose sales literature shows two distinct speaker lines. SoundTouch and Smart Home Speakers and is well spelled out in the sales literature. This gives me some comfort that Bose is not dropping support for SoundTouch. I hope other users will find comfort that SoundTouch will support AirPlay 2 in due course. Consumers do have a choice

insofar if voice control is important, the Smart Home Series is the way to go. I for one don’t really care about voice control and look forward to years of SoundTouch multiroom capability. The SoundTouch platform is mature and stable!

Bose has demonstrated , with their other lines, they do support their products and build their products to last. Which is refreshing these days.