MayankMehrotra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Smart Speaker 500 keeps cutting out on specific songs

Hi 

I have been experiencing a persistent issue noted on playing certain bass heavy songs. This issue keeps coming up when you play certain songs over multiple platforms - whether it be you tube or spotify. I dont know why it does with certain songs and not with other songs. the problem is reproducible whether i connect it over wifi through the service or over the bluetooth connection. The audio would cut out a couple of times and then it would disconnect all together from playing songs. 

Does anyone have a similar problem ? Any fixes ?

All my hardware seems to be updated with the latest softwares and firmware updates

Thanks 

M

6 REPLIES 6
MayankMehrotra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Re: Smart Speaker 500 keeps cutting out on specific songs

1st song to do it : Ritviz - Sage - on spotify

Jeff_G

Hello M, 

Thanks for posting. Welcoming to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. 

Can you please confirm what device is being used? Does the issue occur if you try with other devices? Have you tried using cellular data instead of WiFi when testing the Bluetooth connection? 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MayankMehrotra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Hello Jeff

Thank you for your reply. The issue occurs no matter which device i use over Spotify connect - issue is reproducible over Macbook Pro 13, iPad Pro 10.2, iPhone X, Same song when played over Youtube via bluetooth still the issue persists. I am also aware that the bitrate on youtube is different. However as it happens on exactly the same time stamp on the song , I attribute it to hardware. The issue is reproducible at the same time stamp when playing the track over multiple frequencies and streaming platforms. When I stream it over Bluetooth the issue is reproducible as well. When the song stops the speaker also disconnects from whatever service is being used. It seems like it shuts down for that moment.

Please help me as I am unable to find a solution for this and it spoils the hearing experience. 

Another problem I face is inability to update the firmware manually. The automatic upgrade is stuck at 7.0.9-8655+1183664. It does not automatically upgrade and the link given for manual update doesnt open up at all. Please provide some solutions for these problems. My research over the internet/ forums hasn't helped me yet.

Warm Regards

M

Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Please help me as I am unable to find a solution for this and it spoils the hearing experience. 

Another problem I face is inability to update the firmware manually. The automatic upgrade is stuck at 7.0.9-8655+1183664. It does not automatically upgrade and the link given for manual update doesnt open up at all. Please provide some solutions for these problems. My research over the internet/ forums hasn't helped me yet.

You say The automatic upgrade is stuck at 7.0.9-8655+1183664 the latest firmware is: Home Speaker 500/450: 7.0.9

A community manager wrote in this Topic how to force an update: Updating speaker via app 

They wrote: If the issue is not resolved, please try pressing the Volume - and the Bluetooth buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. This should force your Home Speaker 500 to update.

Maybe it works for you if you want to force an update to the home speaker.

MayankMehrotra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I tried the method you suggested above. The Speaker has not updated even after pressing down the requested combination of buttons. The sound issue with the songs also is persistent. Please provide further help.

Regards

Mayank

Jessie_O

Hi Mayank, 

Thank you for coming back to us! I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting provided has not resolved your issue. The next step would be to reach out to your local Bose technical support for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. The team will before than happy to help! 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!