Highlighted
Shriram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Sound bar 500 error..C3-SC1043

Trying to get my new soundbar 500 with subwoofer started...unable to connect via Bluetooth or Optic cable or HDMI (Arc). Infact I changed my old TV, since it was not compatible with the soundbar. Unfortunately I am disappointed by things are going. Stuck since 1day and unable to understand the root cause of the problem. Pls help.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Sound bar 500 error..C3-SC1043

Hi Shriram,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the setup troubles, but would be happy to help!

• When the error comes up, when does this happen?  
  • Have you been able to the soundbar and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?
  • HERE is a video on how ARC works as well as some great troubleshooting steps.

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Shriram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Literally, myself and my friend, had tried all of the steps persistently for the past 2 days without any luck.

I had purchased the product on Friday. When we were trying to connect, we found that my TV was not compatible with the device. Hence I had purchased a new TV on Saturday. We again tried to connect on the nee TV, with the HDMI (Arc) and even with the Optic cable. Still the LED status of the device was the same.

I had a long call today morning with Bose customer service representative and we were trying to get the system set up, without any change on the status of the device.

Further to which, she suggested to contact the merchant(Sharaf DG, UAE) from where I had purchased the product for a replacement or have the same dropped at your authorised service agent (Jumbo Electronics).

I am very worried and disappointed by the whole incident. Wondering if this is a one off case or has this been reported earlier also.

While I was going through the threads on the community, I had found similar incidents with other customers also. Wanted to know what was the resolution provided for them.

I am currently out of the country and my friend will be visiting the merchant for further course of action.

Thank you once again. Shall keep you posted about further updates.

Nevertheless, I would be happy if the issue would be resolved by Bose itself. Hoping for the best!

Best regards,
Shriram
Community Manager

Hi Shriram,

Thanks for the great update!  If all the troubleshooting has been completed and you still cannot complete the setup, it does sound like there may be an issue with the system.  I recommend having your friend bring it to the service center or dealer for a replacement unit.  With so many countries and regions in the world, we do utilize some third party service centers which are authorized by Bose to complete repairs/replacements for our customers.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Shriram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Dear Tony,

Here is an update for today.

My friend had approached the merchant today and requested for replacement of the device. Please find below the details of the same.

***Moderator Edit***

Is there anything you can do to expedite or will this needs to be done locally here in UAE. Kindly check and revert.

Best regards
Shriram

Community Manager

Hi Shriram,

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do here from the Community and my best recommendation is to follow up with the merchant.  I'm surprised they didn't replace it at the location since the system was not performing correctly.

Warm Regards,

Tony A