Highlighted
theorygeek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

SoundTouch compatibility

I just bought a complete Soundbar 700 setup (Soundbar, base module, and surround speakers), but was very disappointed to learn that it is not compatible with my SoundTouch speakers.

It’s particularly disappointing because I just recently purchased enough SoundTouch speakers to play music throughout my house.

Are there any plans to allow these systems to interoperate?
4 REPLIES 4
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: SoundTouch compatibility

They are totally different systems.  Bose is clear about that.  They are not compatible.  If you need them to be, return the 700 for a 300.

theorygeek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Sorry about that. I understand they are separate product lines. Could you link me to a post where they indicate that there are no plans to allow them to work together in the future? If not, my question still stands.
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No, I'm just another customer.  Perhaps you can do a search.

Community Manager

Hi theorygeek,

Thanks for writing in!

This information can be found on all the FAQs on our websites for the Smart Home products.  We had to utilize a completely different architecture to be able to support the Alexa feature as well as some newer ones in the future.  We currently do not have any plans on integrating the two different products lines.  

If grouping the home theater system into the SoundTouch group is critical, I'd recommend what @Xyz987 mentioned and try to source a SoundTouch 300.  They utilize the same drivers and can still use the new Rear Surround and Bass Module 700 accessories.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support