Soundbar 500. Cannot enable Alexa or music services.

Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 500. Cannot enable Alexa or music services.

My brand new soundbar 500 is not allowing me to enable Alexa nor music services. I am in the US.
I have done a factory reset, but that did not work.
I read this topic (https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Soundbar-700-and-Alexa/td-p/186757) but that did not solve my problem.

What can I do?
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Soundbar 500. Cannot enable Alexa or music services.

Hi Jeroenterheerdt, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Could you confirm what happens when you try to enable the Alexa voice assistant and music services. Do you receive any error messages at all?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

No error messages. The music services buttons do not seem to do anything. The Alexa button in the app gives a quick feedback (spinning thing) and then nothing.

I had it working on another account, but that account was not the one I wanted to use - wrong country. So I removed the device from my Alexa account and did a factory reset of the soundbar to end up in this state.

This is quite strange as it works with one account but does not work with the new account. May i ask which country you reside in?

I would suggest to try and uninstall the Bose music app and re-install to see if this may help at all.

If this does not help, please let us know.

Leon_C

Quiet Contributor

I am in the USA, I will try to reinstall the app. Anything you can do on your end to see if these is anything on your server of my old account linked to the soundbar?
Highlighted

Hi Jeroenterheerdt, 

Thank you for confining this. As you are based in the US, there really should not be any issues with connecting to these services.

If you can send us a private message with the e-mail address used for the account, we can certainly look into this for you. 

Many thanks

Leon_C

Quiet Contributor

I don't see how to do that - can you send me a private message first? I tried entering 'Leon_C' in the to-list for the message but did not get any results...

thanks.

Quiet Contributor

I got the private message but cannot reply. it says 'Leon_C' doesn't have private messages enabled. Can I send the info to you in a different way?

Hi Jeroenterheerdt, 

I do apologise for this.

The only other communication path I can suggest is to contact your local Customer Support Team and they will be able to verify this information for you as well.

If you select this link - Contact Us, you can select your region. Scroll to the bottom and select contact us which will provide you with their contact number.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

seriously? you provide a forum, tell me to send a private message, you do not accept private messages and now I need to start calling? No way. I can not spend time on the phone during work hours.