Would be helpful to get a response to the question below. I've ran an optical toslink cable direct from my blu-ray player to the soundbar. I'm almost sure this is supplying dolby digital sound and it does sound better than what I get using the ARC. However, the problem is the soundbar won't switch automatically between the HDMI ARC (when I'm using my TV) and the optical toslink (when I'm using my blu-ray) player.
I'm thinking of buying an HDMI audio extractor so all my devices will be connected to the soundbar through the optical toslink and, hopefully, supply dolby digital (and the DTS equivalent). Would be helpful for a view before I do so.
Also, while I'm happy with the sound produced from the soundbar 500 when listening to TV shows and streaming music, Bose really should do a better job highlighting its limitations if the TVs ARC functionality can only pass through 2 channel sound.
I have exactly the same question, but for the Soundbar 700 - please see this thread...
Have you looked at and/or tried any potential audio extractors yet? I've got a list in my Amazon basket but was hoping for some advice before I boought one.
I'm from the UK so had been considering the splitter and extractor below.
I'm UK too
Had a look at the XOLORspace, looks a decent piece of kit - certainly better than the ones I was look at.
I've taken the plunge and ordered, due to be delivered tomorrow so will let you know how I get on.
Quick update on my attempts to get the Soundbar 700 working with my kit (including Samsung TV), with the aim of…
- Getting the soundbar working with TV’s HDMI ARC
- Getting 5.1 sound form my kit
Bought the ‘XOLORspace 23421 HDMI 2.0 4X2 HDMI Matrix Switcher’ and have it connected as follows…
- 4 pieces of kit connected to switch (PS4, XO, Blu-Ray, nVidia Shield)
- Switch connected to TV (ARC HDMI) via Output A (ARC HDMI)
- Switch connected to soundbar via Optical Out
- Humax PVR connected to TV on another HDMI
Findings so far…
- The HDMI inputs (PS4 etc) work great on the Switches Optical Out with the sound set to 5.1
- If I try to connect the Switches Output B (HDMI Sound only) to the soundbar I get no sound and the switch cannot turn off
- I cannot get any sound from the TV to the soundbar via the HDMI ARC
- When I turn the Switch on the TV recognises there is a ‘receiver’ attached and cuts off the TV sound, but no sound from the soundbar
- If I go into the TV settings and set the sound back to TV Sound I get sound out of the TV
- I can now get 5.1 sound from all kit connected to the switch, via the Optical Out
- I cannot get TV sound via the HDMI ARC to the switch
My only option now is to connect my Humax PVR directly to the switch (it’s currently connected to the TV), and use this for watching TV, rendering the TV’s HDMI ARC as input only - however this would mean that I must have the switch and soundbar on whenever I watch TV.
I say ‘only option’ but I’m thinking the better option is to return all this kit and look at another soundbar or receiver/speakers – I appreciate a major cause of these issues may be Samsung TV’s however given they are a major TV brand I would have expected Bose to have tested and either worked with Samsung on a fix or warned customers. Given the money I've spent I disappointed at the steps I'm having to take to get a workaround in placem which still doesn't tick all the boxes.
Anyone got any ideas of a way forward?
My Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 went back today, after 3 weeks I’ve finally given up trying to get it to work.
Pretty disappointed as it sounded great when working, but just can’t seem to get it talking with my Samsung TV over the HDMI ARC.