Petro
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2018

Soundbar 500 full Alexa Support

Hi, anyone knows if there are any plan to get full Alexa Support on Soundbar 500.
At the moment the soundbar is not recognized a full Echo device, so no speaker group (which is really a pity) and no advanced voice functionality in some routines.
Any plan here?
11 REPLIES 11
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundbar 500 full Alexa Support

Hi Petro,

Thanks for the question.  Speaker grouping and other Alexa functionalities are currently limited by Amazon.  When any new functionalities are available for the Bose Music line, we will notify the community.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Alake079@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Once again Bose, you are wrong!! Amazon has nothing to do with trying to connect a Bluetooth speaker. I can connect any Bluetooth speaker just not a Bose. Sounds like it’s a Bose issue. Will be returning my sound bar and never purchasing a Bose products again!
Phil T
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi, I am a new Soundbar 500 owner. It really is an awesome soundbar but was disappointed that I could not add the 500 to my other Echo speaker groups. Full compatibility with Alexa would be great and I hope you can work with Amazon to bring this functionality to us soon. Thanks. 

tippex
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Hi @Brandon_M, it has previously been stated on here that multiroom is no longer unique to Echo devices.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the original user that posted this in order to give full credit.  Full info is here...  https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/c4bbbbaf-3559-4b5e-b920-83a9d594e732/alexa-play-rollin....

This would be a fantastic feature and would be great if Bose could implement...  The only reason I can see for Bose not looking into implementing this would be that it would appear to be possible to mix different brands of speaker in a multiroom set up using this framework.  I would be very disappointed if Bose failed to implement for this reason, especially as there seems to be no way of achieving this at present with an all-Bose set up.

Petro
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2018

Wow... seems very promising... Bose will accept the challenge, it seems others have already succeeded!

Tom21
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Home speaker 500

Hi just got a home speaker 500 for Christmas love it great sound is there anyway to add it to a group on Alexa app it’s not showing up on the devices list on the create a group list it shows on the main pape as a connected device. I would like to connect it to the other Alexa devices in other rooms to share the music. Thanks for any help. 

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Home speaker 500

Hi Tom,

We've moved your post into a larger thread.  The Home Speaker 500 cannot do Alexa grouping, as it was up until recently limited to Alexa only devices.  If this is something that is added to the speaker, we will update the community with a stickied post.

Thanks,

Iruvileke Sengile
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Hi,

I had purchase the Soundbar 500 but the Alexa functionality does not work in Bangkok. Please advise.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Iruvileke Sengile,

Thank you for the post, and welcome to the community.

Alexa commands on Bose Smart Home Speakers are not yet available in Thailand.  When they are available in new locations, we will update the community.

Best Regards,