Highlighted
sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Soundbar 700. Acousticmass 300. Bose Music app

I’ve had the Soundbar 700 and Accousticmass 300 for less than 48 hours paying a premium price and what a pain in the arse it’s been.

Literally have spent 9 hours, multiple attempts of reinstalling , using various suggestions in the forums, been to Bose Bondi Junction Sydney twice (who were little help and basically referred me to the forums) and this is the end result. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve redone the set up, unplugged/plugged in, remove batteries, replaced batteries, deleted & reinstalled the app, created multiple accounts, used cables and no cables.

The system could only be set up to WiFi manually via a pc and logging into the WiFi hub.

AdaptIQ: going through the set up steps I can go through the 5 test stages then at the end selecting ‘ok’ for completion, nothing happens - hit the ok button dozens of times, nothing. The app has to be closed then I need to go through all the steps again and the same endless cycle. I can skip the adatpiq stage but can’t come back to it later as the section in the app is blank and doesn’t recognise or start the set up. So adsptiq is NON FUNCTIONING.

Universal remote: As with the AdaptIQ the remote shows as one of the steps but doesn’t go any further to be able to set up. Skipping for later means you can’t go back in the app later and set it up. The universal remote can only now be used to increase/decrease volume. I’ve tried redoing the set up more than a dozen times.

Accousticmass 300: despite assurance from the Bose store it was wirelessly compatible, it’s not. After numerous tries including with and without a cable the base finally worked with 9mm aux cable. The app doesn’t recognise the bass.

Music: The only way to play music from another device (eg iPhone 8 with iOS 11+) is to connect directly to the soundbar via Bluetooth. Adding a music app (Spotify) gives a “oops something went wrong” message that doesn’t clear unless the app is shut down. Multiple tries and the same thing.

Voice recognition: I’ve no idea if this works as it’s never appeared on set up and doesn’t appear anywhere else on the app to set up.

So now I’ve paid for a premium product with additional features (WiFi, Bluetooth, AdaptIQ, Universal remote, Voice recognition) that don’t work!

Bose Bondi Junction Sydney did say if their suggestions didn’t work to bring the whole system in because “we can set it up”.. so maybe I’ll let them have a go or give a refund!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700. Acousticmass 300. Bose Music app

Author Accepted Answer selected by sk2026
After around 15hours wasted on endless various trouble shooting and manual workarounds I returned my SB700 to the store (1 week after receiving it). They spent an hour trying to update the firmware with no success so replaced it with a new device.
I got home and set it up with all features seemingly working and firmware automatically updated including AM300 connected via WiFi than 900mm aux, and universal remote with all features working with other devices, done in exactly 32min!

Would’ve been useful to have had an immediate replacement rather than have the customer struggle through.

Thanks to Christian at Bose Bondi Junction Sydney for the efforts and replacement.
12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Hi sk2026

Thanks for posting in the Community!  I'm very sorry to hear you're running into so many issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• Can you please provide the make/model of the router and any access points in the home?
  • How far away is the soundbar from the router?
  • If you check the Bose Music app under the system's settings, there's a tab labeled Technical Info.  Can you provide the firmware version of the system?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Hi Tony A,
The router is: Netgear Telstra Gateway Max, C6300BD-1TLAUS
The soundbar is 30cm from the router.
Firmware: 1.0.9-a58f125

Regards, sk
HamBam
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2018

I think you should try a firmwareupdate.. I got one AM300 yesterday and it works fine...

Funny thing: AM300 and Bassmodule 700 are the same... the AM300 will be detected as a Bassmodule 700 😉

So: Buy AM300 and save 150 Euro Smiley HappyScreenshot_20181016-225112.png

Firmware on my soundbar is: 2.0.10

Community Manager

Hi sk2026

Thanks for the update!   

I would definitely recommend updating the soundbar to latest firmware which would be 2.0.10.  When you mention using cables and no cables, is this referring to the ethernet cable?  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Hi Tony, yes I tried ethernet cable to get the soundbar yo connect, although it eventually connected via WiFi. Also the acousticmass is connected via 9mm aux cable as it won’t connected wirelessly.

Please could you provide steps on how to update the firmware for the soundbar.

Bose really should be advising customers before purchase what they need to go through to get the system to work. Stores in particular should be giving more information and assistance. It’s just not good enough for price being charged.

Hello sk2026,

Thank you for the details.

Let's try a factory default, and instructions can be found HERE. During the setup up process and once it's connected to the network it should initiate the software update to 2.0.10.

After the Soundbar 700 gets the update, unplug your bass module from power for 30 seconds and disconnect the aux cable. Try setting it up wirelessly through the Bose Music app.

We do apologize what you have gone through, but I'm hoping everything will be resolved after this update for you.

Regards,

Joel 

sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Hi. This suggestion didn’t work. Experienced all the same set up problems that I’ve gone through umpteen times (AdaptIQ doesn’t complete set, cant go back to later)(Spotify etc won’t set up)(universal remote set up doesn’t work; can’t go back to it) basically none of the set up works or can go back to later.

Also tried this with nothing else connected to the router/WiFi. As well as trying all the FAQ options.

Now I can’t get the universal remote to do anything.

The AM300 will also will only connect via 9mm aux.

The firmware didn’t update either - still showing v1.

I think it might be time for a replacement product!
sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Thanks. Already have the AM300.. yes Big saving. Firmware won’t update... I think that’s the biggest hurdle to everything else not working.
HamBam
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2018

It was possible to update the soundtouch 300 with the serviceport (usb).. i think that should be also possible with the 700.