Soundbar 700 Alexa Change Source

Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 700 Alexa Change Source

Hi,

Quick question.

Can Alexa change the Bose source.

That is.

Soundbar set to “TV”

And a want to switch to “Bluetooth” with a Alexa command.

Thanks
Matt.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar 700 Alexa Change Source

Hi Mattscolari, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community. 

This isn't currently a feature that exists, however we have already forwarded this request onto our development team. 

We will update the community as soon as we know more on this matter. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support.

Friendly Fanatic

I mentioned in an earlier post that the app really needs the ability to switch inputs. After playing with this a while, it seems to me like the smartest thing would be for the sound bar to just revert back to whatever source it had when you turn Bluetooth off. If I have my iPad connected to the Bose with Bluetooth and then turn it off in the app, The Bose should just default back to the TV setting where it was. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

All the people who use Bose 700 must understand that only ALEXA is smart, NOT Bose 700?

I am a fan of Bose music quality but really disappointed to buy this self proclaimed smart SoundBar which is not smart at all.
Alexa can't get Bose 700 to change tracks when playing songs on bluetooth whereas you can do the same using the Bose remote.
Especially after switching from SONOS Beam and spending double the $ on Bose 700, I am disappointed to the core.
Can't switch youtube next or back using ALEXA which I could do in Sonos. Sonos could do everything using ALEXA that its remote could do.
The HDMI ARC is also not well integrated with ALEXA. Can't switch on/off connected TV without shutting down the sound bar.
Note: I tried to HTML mode using basic HTML tags like <h1> <ol><li> to reply and that also doesn't work. ☺