Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KSVA
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Soundbar 700 Connectivity

HELP! Stuck in a connectivity loop where the Soundbar, Remote, and App will not or can not communicate with each other.

Initial problem: Soundbar 700 stops broadcasting audio unexpectedly. This was likely caused by an inadvertent pressing of another input button on the Remote, which I wasn't told about until later. Regardless, troubleshooting begins with the Soundbar and Remote.

Soundbar: Power is available, and on power up the white lights indicate wifi connectivity (pulsing, then fade). The Soundbar does not respond to voice commands, though ("Alexa" was setup and functioning before), and the red mute button light is out (but turns on and off when pushed).  There is no visible damage to the system, and no sudden electrical/physical event which would have caused damage. The Soundbar just seems idle/off.  Power reset was accomplished several times, including plugging into new wall sockets.  I am unable to turn the Soundbar on, because:

Remote: During initial troubleshooting, pairing with the Soundbar was lost.  The 6 input buttons continually flash if I push any Remote button, and I understand "Center Navigation" puts the Remote into a pairing mode with the Soundbar.  It will not pair with the Soundbar, though, and the Soundbar makes no indication (lights) of pairing attempts with the Remote.  All batteries in the remote have been replaced. If paired, I understand in the user's manual the Remote can help "reset" the Soundbar but they aren't communicating.

App:  The App cannot "see" the Soundbar through the wifi, although it recognizes my account has a Soundbar ("Not Available").  The App was uninstalled and reinstalled, I logged out and in, the Soundbar was removed from my account, and upon attempting a "new" setup of the Soundbar the App remembers that I used to have a Soundbar but cannot see/connect to the Soundbar itself, which might be because it's idle/off.  Much of the troubleshooting online requires using the App to communicate with the Soundbar, while other instructions require using the Remote to communicate with the Soundbar.  I have neither option at this point - none of the three are talking to each other.

Wifi: Reset throughout the house more than once, fully functional on all other devices in the house. I have no indications the wifi network is at fault. This has been the most common troubleshooting fix before with the Soundbar; it "drops" the wifi and requires a power reset to re-connect.

To recap: App won't connect to Soundbar, Remote not paired to Soundbar, Soundbar appears off but indicates power is available (upon power reset). I don't know how to break into this cycle to get at least two of them functioning so I can try and rescue the third.

At this point I have a very expensive yardstick, and the sleek, black box features of the Soundbar are infuriating because there's no physical reset option. Any advice is appreciated.

Kris in Northern Virginia

8 REPLIES 8
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 Connectivity

Hi Kris,

Thank you for posting and joining us in the community. I do completely understand the frustration with this, but not to worry, we will definitely be able to get this back up and running. It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, but there are a few things we can do still to resolve this

Just to clarify, when you ask Alexa a question, do you get any light response from the soundbar? 

The best place for us to start is with the remote. It's great that you have tried re-pairing the remote already, but from your description, it does sound like you may have missed a step or two of the process. The full steps to get this re-paired, when the soundbar is not available in the app, is as follows:

• Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet.
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times.
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed.
  • On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar.
  • Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet.

Once you have done this, we will be able to use the remote to get the soundbar back online as well. The first thing to do for this, is to put the soundbar into setup mode to reconnect to the internet. You can do this by following THESE steps.

Once we have done both of these things, I would recommend testing Alexa, the connection to the app, and the remote control further. There may be more troubleshooting is required to get everything back up and running, but this should do it. If there is any more to do, there won't be much.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
KSVA
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Keith - 

Thanks for the assist! Unfortunately I'm not out of the woods just yet.

To your first question, no, there is no light bar response when I ask Alexa a question. That used to work, though.

Per your instructions:

1. Router disconnected, no wifi in house - confirmed with other devices.

2. Clearing pairing memory step completed on the remote.  The remote's three icons only blinked twice, not three times, and the blink happened after about 3 seconds.  There's no more blinking if I hold it longer.

3. The lights will not illuminate on the Soundbar when I press the Action button symbol on the top of the device. I tried light and hard pressure in all areas on and around the Action button symbol but cannot get the lights to come on, even briefly. To verify the touch feature is working overall, I was pressing the mute button next to it and the red light would come on and off.  But I couldn't find a location/pressure around the Action button symbol that would get the white lights to come on.  I disconnected the power and reconnected it to see if I could get a "reboot"-like startup signal from the lights, but that didn't work and the lights didn't come on.  Finally, I reconnected the wifi to the house and again unplugged/reconnected the Soundbar; still, no lights to signal awareness/startup. 

Thoughts?

Kris

Keith_L
Community Manager

No worries Kris, thank you for the update.

It's strange that you didn't get a light response when you rebooted the soundbar or held the action button. Do you by any chance have your soundbar connected to the Wi-Fi with an ethernet cable? If so, can you disconnect this and try the process again?

If not, then you can use one to get the remote reconnected. If you can use an ethernet cable to connect the soundbar to the router (just while you troubleshoot) you can then use the app to pair the remote, rather than using the buttons. The process of repairing the remote through the app is to:

• On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • Open the Bose Music app and tap on the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings > Pair New Remote.
  • Press the Center Navigation button once to put the remote into pairing mode.
  • Follow the instructions in the app.
  • Once the remote is found, tap Continue to complete the pairing process.

Let me know how this goes.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
KSVA
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Keith -

Thanks for hanging in there - the struggle continues.  I did not have the Soundbar connected to the Wi-Fi with an ethernet cable before and never had any issues.  The only cables normally in play are the power cable and the optical audio cable which connects to my TV, which is now disconnected as I work out the Wi-Fi, App, Remote, and Soundbar connectivity issue. 

I found an ethernet cable and connected it to the Soundbar and the back of my router.  I then powered up the Soundbar and it looks like the two are talking - the white lights on the Soundbar cycle and the port on the back of the router lights up temporarily, but then goes out.

Once that was complete, I asked the App to recognize/connect to the Soundbar, but it wouldn't.  I've also again tried to call verbally to Alexa (no response, or lights), and again holding down the Action button doesn't get me any lights.  So without the App recognizing the Soundbar I have no way to tell if the Soundbar is connected to the internet (now via ethernet cable), and no means to give the Soundbar commands through the App.

I've tried restarting the Soundbar several times, I've used different ports on the back of the router, and get the same result.  At least now I'm seeing white lights on the Soundbar as it powers up, and something is happening between it and the router, but after about 15 seconds of cycling the lights on both the Sounbdar and the router go off.  No Alexa, no lights, nothing on the App.

The App is trying to connect to the Soundbar (it shows the right image), but I continue to get the "Oops! Something went wrong." page and it fails to connect.  I've tried to wait a few minutes to allow things to sync up but that didn't help.  Because of all that I can't get past "Select Settings > Pair New Remote." I don't ever get to the option of "Settings" because my App doesn't see any devices.

Kris

Tegan_M

Thanks for giving this a go, I am sorry that this issue persists. 

At this point, it would look as though there is an error with your soundbar and will require a repair. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. One of our agents here will be more than happy to assist you further and getting this resolved for you. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
stefsoda
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 Connectivity: white light pulsing then red: soundbar unresponsive and undetectable

I am having exactly the same problem and tried all things and failed. What should i do? Also contact the service center and have it repaired?  Did you get a solution that works @KSVA ? 

I tried to repair via reset; factory reboot; ethernet; router close down and repairing; ticking both mute and action buttons for 30 sec alternatively; nothing seems to work. 

Any new evolvements in this? 

Stefsoda

Jessie_O

Re: Soundbar 700 Connectivity: white light pulsing then red: soundbar unresponsive and undetectable

Hi Stefsoda, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps outlined in this thread, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance. /you can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

dynex3617
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

I am having a very similar issue as the first several messages in this string. I was able to get my remote paired with the sound bar with the instructions, however, when I try to get it to broadcast its own wifi by pushing the TV icon and the skip back button for 3 seconds, the sound bar does not get the amber light and the remote seems to unpair itself. I've spent over 4 hours trouble shooting this system and it should not be this complicated. We had the system working great until my husband decided to dust off the top of the sound bar and it hasn't worked right since. I have not been able to get the app to find the sound bar even though I can connect the soundbar to the bluetooth on my phone. Is there anything more I can do @KSVA or do I have to resort to contacting repair?

Janna