Soundbar 700 - Delay on channel change buttons...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Soundbar 700 - Delay on channel change buttons...

I'm having issues with the settings on the remote control, for the Soundbar 700.

I have it paired with my cable box, but every button I press (chanel up/down, guide, etc) has about a 1 second delay... why is this?

So annoying...  I'm really disappointed in how poorly the 700 remote has worked so far.

1. I had no idea the remote wouldn't work, when I first bought the setup (which was expensive).  Found out after I got it all installed, fired-up the app, and was told that the remote was useless until October 4th.  Couple thousand dollar letdown...
  2. Then I had high hopes that the update would make things work... nope.  The remote paired perfectly with my Samsung TV, but the cable box pairing has been a disaster.  
3 REPLIES

Re: Soundbar 700 - Delay on channel change buttons...

Hi JimmyDee,

Thanks for the post.  

Does this control delay only happen when controlling the cable box?

What is the model of your cable box?  I think I remember you stating in a separate post that the brand is Arris.

Best,

Brandon 

Friendly Fanatic

Yes, the delay only happens with the cable box.

The box is an Arris.

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.  

Where is the cable box located in relation to the Soundbar?  The IR blasters are in the front of the bar itself so we want to make sure they are close to each other.

If the issue still persists, could you please try connecting an IR emitter to the Soundbar (and the other end to the front of the Arris box)?  You can get one from your local support center.

Best,

Brandon