Drynard
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2018

Soundbar 700 Remote can't pair Arris satellite box

Have tried multiple times to pair my soundtouch 700 remote to work with Shaw direct Arris dsr830. The app says it is paired but nothing works from the remote.
20 REPLIES 20
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote can't pair Arris satellite box

Hi Drynard

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the remote issues, but would be happy to help!

• When you went through the remote programming through the Bose Music app, did any of the test commands control the cable box?
  • Is the cable box in an enclosed cabinet?  The soundbar has IR blasters built into the front of it to send to the signal to your devices.
  • Are there any settings in the satellite  box to enable IR control?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Drynard
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2018

Thanks for your response.  None of the tests worked.  When I put in the model number, it now says the cablebox is connected and the icon lights up on the remote, but there is no response.  The cable box is in the cabinet on a shelf directly below the soundbar.  I believe that it will accept IR signals, but I will check on this.

thanks

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Drynard

Thanks for the update and definitely let us know what happens!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Drynard
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2018

HI again,

I tried taking the cable box out of the cabinet and still no success.  The cable box does accept IR signals I believe and I have also checked the option to allow it to accept UHF signals.  Still no luck.  The cable box is an ARRIS DSR830.

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

HI Drynard

Thanks for the update!

I'm going to escalate this to our development team.  Once I hear back, I'll be sure to give you an update!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Drynard
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2018

Kix
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

I have the Soundbar 700 and an Arris AX013ANM Cable Box. I had a 700 connected to this Arris box and it was working great. My 700 had an update problem that Bose support couldn’t resolve and I had to take the 700 in for an exchange. Setting up this new 700, it won’t successfully turn off my Arris box (the first code test in the setup). Any idea why this 700 won’t connect, when my last 700 did??
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Kix

Thanks for the update!

After the first test command it will confirm if it turned on/off the TV.  It should also give you an advanced option at the bottom to type in the make/model of the device.  Let's see if this gets the correct code for Arris box.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Kix
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Thank you Tony, I did try those steps... went through all the "Arris" first attempts to shut off the TV, none were successful.  Finally it gave me the option to put the model number in and after putting in "AX013ANM" (see attached), it accepted the model, but the remote still won't control the Arris box.  :*(Arris Cable Box Model NumberArris Cable Box Model Number