Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundbar 700 and Alexa Routines

Hi All,

Thanks for the posts.

Alexa Routines are not officially supported on Bose Smart Home right now, however we are always working to add new features to our devices.

We will update the community when new features are available.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Hi Brandon, thanks for replying. The soundbar actually does carry out the routine. The issue we’re explaining is HOW the soundbar responds to the command to carry out the routine. Alexa says “...this action is not supported...” , and then carries out the routine anyways.

This is annoying to hear every time I execute my “lights off” routine via the SB 700. You’re like the third person from Bose support to respond with this exact answer. Please take a moment and try to better understand what your customers are telling you. The user experience is negatively affected by this seemingly easy-to-fix issue we’re having.

Alexa integration is a key selling point for this product. If it doesn’t work as expected it shouldn’t have been integrated into it. This is what users WANT! That is, the same experience as an Amazon Echo device but with a kick-ass, premium speaker. Very simple. Now, how will Bose fix this issue?

Thanks!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

+1...

We just want as customer to know when it will be available. The  Bose 500 and 700 are alexa built-in only on the paper, routines are essential. 

I have the same discussion on the French Bose community, with the same answer: "we keep you informed". I bought the whole system, Bose 700 + bass module + surround speakers so I have a premium system but not fully operational ( and I'm not talking about Google assistant integration...).

As customer we need a minimum of visibility, don't you think?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Hello Brandon,

I got my new Soundbar 700 and setup the routine with new smart bulb. First time it worked without alexa having to say "audio commands are not supported on this device". I created successive routines on the smart bulb it started to say "audio commands are not supported on this device". I deleted all the routine and tried again but no luck. After that what ever I do I get this phrase as soon as I execute the routine.

This is really annyoing and hope this gets fixed soon.

Thank you,

Karthik

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hi,

Can you please give us an update and estimate on when this will be fixed? This is not a big change as the routines get executed without a problem, just an annoying message before hand.

The soundbar should be fully integrated with Alexa and this is unacceptable.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello nlamanna,

As Brandon said, Routines are not currently supported. We have noted your feature request for development and when we have more information we'll share it here! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

...Voice of the customer...silenced. Bose Support, it seems like you still don't understand what we're talking about here.

Thanks Bose 🙂
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

Same issue here, routine itself works but my bose 700 says routines arent supported. 

LOL @ bose generic response and clearly not reading the issue at hand.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello marcopolo85,

Thanks for posting. I' like to explain in more detail. There is a difference between "officially supported" (meaning full integration with the feature functioning as intended by Amazon) and "works, but not well" (meaning the feature does something but isn't complete or fully functional). As Routines are not currently supported, regardless of whether they partially work, we are unable to offer any technical guidance until such a time as they are integrated. I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

When can we expect the new software update for Bose Soundbar 700 so that we can enable Alexa Routines.