Highlighted
o_boo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Soundbar 700 doesn't work with LG TV

Hi,

I have a new Soundbar 700 and I connected it to my LG TV via HMDI Arc, but the sound doesn't work. If I select the HDMI Arc input on my TV, then I can see the Bose Music Logo. If I try to turn up the volume, then I just see a external music box (right corner) without increasing anything. The Bose Music App on my phones shows me, that the Soundbar plays the sound of the TV. 

With other words: It looks like everything is set up well, but "only" the sound is missing. Any idea what can I do else? I don't want to return the product. Playing music via the Bose Music App works as well.

Technical details:

- LG 55LF580V (Software-Version: 03.11.33)

- Bose Soundbar 700 (Firmware-Version 2.1.10-5460+d7968b0)

What I tried:

- Soundbar and TV Update

- Unplug everything from TV and Soundbar and only replug the electrical plug & HDMI arc

- Played movies from USB HDD and directly from Nextflix

BR and thanks

Andy

6 REPLIES 6
Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 doesn't work with LG TV

Did you righty configure sound out, did you choose Audio Output (Optical / HDMI ARC): for connecting external audio devices with optical cable or HDMI ARC

o_boo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Unfortunately, yes, I configured it correctly.

Your second link referencing to LG web OS and not to my OS. In my menu I set up:

Sound -> Sound Out -> External Speaker (Optical/HDMI ARC)

I also have an Optical cable, but I want to use HDMI ARC.

Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Does it work with an optical cable?

Just for a test 

Have you looked at the solution stated in this thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/NO-sound-from-LG-TV-through-HDMI-ARC/m-p/46434#M455...

o_boo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

I will connect the optical one and I will test it.

But I think I have the solution. The HDMI ARC port of the LG TV is an input port. Correct me if I am wrong, but then it won't work to stream the sound to the Soundbar. It doesn't make sense for me to support in but no out 😞

Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Most recommended HDMI-CEC and Audio settings for LG TV to get best soundbar performance (any soundbar brand). If you recently bought a soundbar to complement your LG TV, you will need the right settings on your LG TV to enable the desired performance from your soundbar. This video guides you ...
paubhavyang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

I have had similar problem on LG OLED65C8PTA. I got it fixed by pressing the TV symbol on the Bose Remote. If it's switched on for bluetooth or media streamer, sometimes I have noticed that it has switched the output to TV output instead of HDMI ARC.