Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
o_boo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Soundbar 700 doesn't work with LG TV

Hi,

I have a new Soundbar 700 and I connected it to my LG TV via HMDI Arc, but the sound doesn't work. If I select the HDMI Arc input on my TV, then I can see the Bose Music Logo. If I try to turn up the volume, then I just see a external music box (right corner) without increasing anything. The Bose Music App on my phones shows me, that the Soundbar plays the sound of the TV. 

With other words: It looks like everything is set up well, but "only" the sound is missing. Any idea what can I do else? I don't want to return the product. Playing music via the Bose Music App works as well.

Technical details:

- LG 55LF580V (Software-Version: 03.11.33)

- Bose Soundbar 700 (Firmware-Version 2.1.10-5460+d7968b0)

What I tried:

- Soundbar and TV Update

- Unplug everything from TV and Soundbar and only replug the electrical plug & HDMI arc

- Played movies from USB HDD and directly from Nextflix

BR and thanks

Andy

6 REPLIES 6
Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 doesn't work with LG TV

Did you righty configure sound out, did you choose Audio Output (Optical / HDMI ARC): for connecting external audio devices with optical cable or HDMI ARC

o_boo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Unfortunately, yes, I configured it correctly.

Your second link referencing to LG web OS and not to my OS. In my menu I set up:

Sound -> Sound Out -> External Speaker (Optical/HDMI ARC)

I also have an Optical cable, but I want to use HDMI ARC.

Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Does it work with an optical cable?

Just for a test 

Have you looked at the solution stated in this thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/NO-sound-from-LG-TV-through-HDMI-ARC/m-p/46434#M455...

o_boo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

I will connect the optical one and I will test it.

But I think I have the solution. The HDMI ARC port of the LG TV is an input port. Correct me if I am wrong, but then it won't work to stream the sound to the Soundbar. It doesn't make sense for me to support in but no out 😞

Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Most recommended HDMI-CEC and Audio settings for LG TV to get best soundbar performance (any soundbar brand).If you recently bought a soundbar to complement ...
paubhavyang
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

I have had similar problem on LG OLED65C8PTA. I got it fixed by pressing the TV symbol on the Bose Remote. If it's switched on for bluetooth or media streamer, sometimes I have noticed that it has switched the output to TV output instead of HDMI ARC.