Paresh Makwana
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Soundbar 700 microphone issue

I purchase Soundbar 700 few days back. The microphone button sensor is not responding. I have to tap 5-10 times for it to respond. Sometimes, it works by tapping on surrounding area and not exactly on the button. However, the other button near microphone is working fine.

It has been only 12 days and unfortunately, I did not check all functionalities after I received the item. I purchased it from Amazon and return period of 10 days is also over, otherwise I would have returned it. Now the Bose customer support asks me to bring the soundbar to their service center. It's really annoying that they don't provide onsite support. Honestly, I didn't know this before purchase else I would have gone with some other brand. For home pickup also, they are charging hefty amount.

Thankfully, I am in Delhi else if I am from small town, I would have to specially travel to some metro city for such petty issues. So, beware and don't buy if you are not near their service center. This was not expected after spending huge amount for this system.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Re: Soundbar 700 microphone issue

Hello Paresh, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm very sorry to hear you have had issues with your Soundbar 700.

With regards to troubleshooting, have you tried to factory reset the system, and set it up again as new to see if this helps? Further to this, have you checked to ensure the Voice assistant is fully set up? The Microphone button is specifically to prevent the assistant from listening, so it will not perform any functions if a voice assistant isn't enabled.  

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Paresh Makwana
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hello Jeff,

Ofcourse, music assistant (Alexa) is enabled. I did factory reset but it did not solve the problem.

Jeff_G

I'm sorry to hear this, Paresh. 

I appreciate you have already reached out to local support for assistance and were not happy with their advice, however, on this occasion, this would be the best solution we would be able to recommend. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!