Chrisbouchard86
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Soundbar 700 no connectivity to wifi or remote

Unit is blinking orange light 4 times. Phone App cannot find soundbar. Remote blinking lights that apparently means it isn't connected to soundbar. Cannot reset unless remote is paired  or phone is paired and cant connect either. Have reinstalled app, reset modem, router and unplugged soundbar. Unit worked fine for one week then stopped and is not totally nonfunctional. Very frustrating for a high priced item from a reputable company like Bose. Wishing I got the sonos at this point.

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Re: Soundbar 700 no connectivity to wifi or remote

Hi Chrisbouchard86, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Soundbar 700.

Four flashing amber LEDs would indicate that there is a source error with your product and you should refer to the Bose Music App for more info. Does the app provide you with any further information?

Can you also inform us with how you have your Soundbar connected to your TV?

Can you also inform us on the model of your TV?

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to assist you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Chrisbouchard86
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Four flashing amber LEDs would indicate that there is a source error with your product and you should refer to the Bose Music App for more info. Does the app provide you with any further information? 

A - as stated in my original post I cannot connect to the soundbar with my mobile app. I have reinstalled app, restarted modem + router and unplugged soundbar for 2 minutes. app cannot find the soundbar to connect. Remote is also not connecting to bose unit. any button I press will make all buttons for input source blink.

Can you also inform us with how you have your Soundbar connected to your TV? 

A - Connected to TV Only with Optic cable for audio. NOT USING HDMI PORT.

Can you also inform us on the model of your TV?

A - Toshiba

Tegan_M

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this information. 

I would recommend that you reset the optical cable on your product. Please unplug the optical cable from your soundbar and tv, continue to  point the cable at your hand and see if it shows a red light. Can you see the red light? If not, please replace your optical cable. 

If you can see the red light, unplug the soundbar and tv from power. Leave for a few minutes, plug back in the soundbar first, then your tv and continue to reconnect the optical cable. 

Do let us know how you get on!

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Chrisbouchard86
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I can confirm I have done this entire process with the optical cable disconnected from the back of the Bose and can confirm there is a red light. no difference.

Again this unit worked last week and then the blinking orange light started which seems to be the beginning of this issue. what is a playback error? and how is it "Reset"

Why wont the app recognize the soundbar after reinstalling app, disconnecting power on soundbar, rebooting router + modem? soundbar seems to need a factory reset which apparently I cannot do unless I have the remote working. see next point.

Why doesnt my remote work with the soundbar? How can I have soundbar relearn remote without using the app (because the app isnt finding the soundbar)

Why does a $1000 dollar piece of equipment have such poor connectivity?!

perhaps a phone call is in order to discuss. I can pass on my phone number in a personal email sent to my inbox.

Tegan_M

Hello, 

Thanks for giving this a go, I apologise that this issue persists. 

If you would like to continue this discussion over the telephone, please reach out to your regions Bose product support team where one of our agents will happily get this resolved for you. Our team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

I do apologise that you are having this experience and I understand why this must be a very frustrating situation. Our team on our support line will be more than happy to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M