matteogentili
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Soundbar 700 red light

A little red light appreared some days ago on the bar. I've applied many times the support page suggested procedure (press for 5-6 seconds start and skip right buttons on remote), but red light is always there. In fact bar restarts, orange light appears, via Bose Music app configuration is completed, but as mentioned above nothing happens. Any idea? Any other viable solution? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 red light

Author Accepted Answer selected by matteogentili

Hi matteogentili

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Is the red light a single LED or the whole LED bar?  If it's the single LED on the left, this would mean that the microphones are disabled to prevent Alexa from activating.  There's a mute button on the top left of the soundbar.  If you tap this button, does the light disappear?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by matteogentili

Hi matteogentili

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Is the red light a single LED or the whole LED bar?  If it's the single LED on the left, this would mean that the microphones are disabled to prevent Alexa from activating.  There's a mute button on the top left of the soundbar.  If you tap this button, does the light disappear?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

matteogentili
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Hi Tony A,
Yes, it is a single led red light. I've pressed the button and light was switched off. Issue resolved.
Thank you very much for supporting!
Kindest regards,

Matteo
Community Manager

Hi Matteo

Not a problem and feel free to reach out to us with any questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Widow
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Soundbar 700 solid red light

Soundbar rebooted once on it's own and is now showing a solid red bar of light.
Kr1s
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 solid red light

I have exactly the same problem. Red light remains lit. Tapping the microphone on/off with no response at all.

Hello Kr1s,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to see that your Soundbar 700 is no longer working, but I'd be happy to help.

• Can you try rebooting the Soundbar 700 by unplugging it from power for 30 seconds?
  • If that doesn't work, try a factory default with the steps located HERE

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Kr1s
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your reply. I did try unplugging the soundbar and also resetting the soundbar. Neither works.

Hi Kr1s,

Thanks for trying that for me.

I would suggest contacting support over the phone for further assistance since that did not work.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a number will be displayed.

Let us know how everything works out.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Kr1s
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have contacted Bose technicians and unfortunately, they can not figure this out as well. I then exchanged a new one. The solid red light is gone now but when I try to tap the button to mute the microphone, there is no reaction at all!!! And even worth, when I try to play music from my mac via Bluetooth, the sound is glitching and choppy.  It worked very well between my mac and the last Soundbar 700. Very very frustrating.