Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Soundbar 700 remote and bose music app issues

Hi there, 

Needing some help on my new purchase (bose soundbar 700) after doing initial set up through the bose music app i firstly found the remote set up crashed half way through but remote did pair with the soundbar for about 30 minutes but has now lost all functionality. I have tried the reset (< and volume down) battery removal for up to 1 hour and unplugging the soundbar and all combinations about 50 times over the last two days now to no avail. The remote goes into pairing with the six symbols at the top flashing but doesn't pair again when i hit the volume button? Also from the minute i started the app it found the soundbar and can control the volume and on/ off but when i go to settings a message flashes straight up at the bottom saying something went wrong. If i then go into voice assistant it comes up with we're having trouble accessing voice assistant blah blah so have no Alexa function,  if i then try pair remote i get the "uh oh we're having trouble pairing your remote.  Adaptiq works fine as does accessory speakers part. I have loaded my spotify premium on which does come up on the app and i can search my playlists but when i go to play a song i get a message "something went wrong (C1005-SCO) This message also comes up with tunein. After speaking with bose support they agreed to send me out a new remote but said they had no idea on the app issues or why Alexa isn't working. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on these issues as its quite disappointing with two days of trying to get this unit working straight out of the box. I have been a bose customer for 20 odd years and these are the first issues I've ever had with their products. 

Cheers

Scott

A couple more things i just thought of,  i have the app on my samsung S8, S2 tablet and apple iPad and all get the same problems. Also i see a lot of people saying the soundbar updated when first switched on which didn't happen for me? In technical info of the app it shows i am connected to my Wi-Fi (have also used any Ethernet cable and it changed to that in connection type) and have firmware version 1.0.9-a58f125  and can't do a reset as from what i have read you do it though the remote which mine doesn't work 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 remote and bose music app issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gerco21

Ok, after 2 weeks of total frustration and having a soundbar, bass module and surround speakers sitting there as paper weights I finally have goosebumps! My 3rd soundbar came in today and set up was smooth and effortless and my house finally vibrates with the bass and sound this thing pushes out. Looks like I picked up two faulty units in a row from my local bose reseller (which was my suspicion) and as suggested by bose phone support to order a new one from a new batch I can finally enjoy my system. To anyone else out there having similar issues i suggest you do the same as me and save a lot of wasted time. 

Thanks to all that tried to help once again.

Cheers

Scott

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
broeckie01
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi, I have had a similar issue with the remote. The helpdesk advised me to reset as well. Like you said: < and - for around 5 seconds.But after that you need to press the round button in the middle of the < > as well. Not sure if you firstly need to reset the soundbar by unplugging for 30 seconds. Worth while trying I would say.

Good luck!

Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Broekie01, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I had gone through those steps initially but still no joy. I'm starting to think now it's something to do with the soundbar not doing its firmware updates automatically. I'm still on version 1 when by the look of it I should be seeing version 2.? I'll try and get hold of support again and see how I go.
Thanks again for trying to help
Scott
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Scott

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles you've experienced so far but it does seem like an issue with the system.  The < and - volume should have correct the remote pairing, and the system should auto update once connected to the network.  With the system just being released, they should be able to replace the soundbar and the returning one will be analyzed by our engineers to help identify these issues.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. Would you know if this is something I would have to wait until Monday and go through Bose support for as I purchased the system through Harvey Norman Australia or can I return it to them to replace?
Thanks for any info you can provide
Scott
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Scott

Thanks for the update!

It looks like our call center for Australia is closed on the weekends.  I understand that you just purchased the system and we want to get you up and running ASAP.  If the store isn't too far away, they should be able to replace it on the spot for you as well.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Thanks Tony, I will call them when they open and see how I go.
I appreciate you reaching out to me.
Regards
Scott
Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Tony,
Need your help again mate! I changed over the soundbar at Harvey Norman for a brand new one but this time it's worse. On the initial set up it said we have an update for you and started for about 5 seconds then just cut out and said your speaker is ready to use. I put the batteries in the remote and it's just flashing the six lights again and won't connect to the soundbar or the app. It won't even connect to my tv this time so I literally have a very expensive paper weight on my cabinet now. Also the app is doing all the exact same things I previously wrote about aarrrggghhhh!
Please is there any insight you can give?
Thanks
Scott
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to go into the Bose Music app to associate the remote to the Soundbar?  Do you receive any error messages when you try?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Gerco21
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Brandon, thanks for getting in touch. Not able to pair the remote through the app nor my bass module 700 I received yesterday. After being on the phone with Bose support Australia for an hour yesterday and trying absolutely everything they have concluded it looks as though I have had two soundbars in a row with issues and have ordered me a third from a different batch to see if this will work. Fingers crossed as I'm losing interest real quick!
Thanks again and I'll update once I receive the third.