Highlighted
Raymondvansnek
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Soundbar 700 turn off red light

I have a question. In the netherlands we do not have a voice assistent available. So i do not use it. Is there a way to turn off the red light on the front? Pushing the button on the top doesnt help.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 turn off red light

Hi Raymondvansnek

Thanks for writing in!

• Can you confirm that the red LED you're seeing is a single LED bulb or is it the whole LED bar that's red?  
  • If it's the single LED on the left, then the Mute Microphone feature is turned on.  Simply tapping on the glass top on the microphone "button" should be able to disable the red LED.  
  • If it's the whole LED bar, this would indicate an error with the soundbar.  From here, please try and unplug the speaker from power for 1 minute and power back on.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

geoffduc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

Hi i have the same problem

Im in the UAE and we do not have Alexa 

The single red light is permanently on, tapping the mic symbol will not make it go off

Is this normal

Hello geoffduc,

Thanks for posting.

Is the red light you're experiencing on your Soundbar 700 a short or long LED light?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

geoffduc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

Hi Joel

I have discovered that by tapping just behind the mic symbol not directly on the mic symbol the red LED goes off (I have small fingers)

My question woud now be is this normal or is the sensor in the wrong place 

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Hi!

I can confirm that. To switch the mic on/off you have to put the whole index finger (or whatever) in full length on the button. And it does not matter if you use Alexa or not.

ybo

Hello geoffduc,

Thanks for the reply.

On my personal Soundbar 700, I usually place my entire finger and not just the tip on the microphone icon, which generally extends over the icon further back.

I will pass this feedback along to development about the placement of the sensor, but I don't know where the internal components are placed during manufacturing as well. I know the IR emitter is in that general location and the LED bar is right there as well and multiple microphones.

We appreciate your help and clarification. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support